Consolidation question

Started by DORoe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok here is my question i know there is only a certain amount of $ you can borrow from the federal government (something like 150k) all I really remember is that it is less than what i might need. If I consolidate with a private company will that erase the debt from the federal government and allow me to take out another 150k? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I really don't know anything about this stuff and my institution has proven to not be very helpful or has given me false information.