Consolidation Tip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuietSylph

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Let me preface this post by saying I have no financial incentives to refer people to this group. I'm just a happy customer.)

For those of you who have not yet signed your loan consolidation paperwork, I highly recommend you check out http://www.graduateleverage.com first.

This company was founded by a group of Harvard MBA students who wanted to help fellow students facing loan consolidation. I saw a presentation of theirs at my medical school this spring and decided to give them a try. At their website, you enter the details of your situation and they soon respond with which lender (out of a long list of possibilities, including ones I frequently see mentioned on this forum like T.H.E. and ELC) is the best choice for you specifically. This service is FREE.

I consider myself to be financially savvy, but hated the entire process of analyzing different lenders and their options. The number crunching was tedious, and I worried that I had somehow overlooked a detail in the fine print, or worse yet, that I had neglected to include a good lender in my list. (This latter fear was actually confirmed when I saw what Graduate Leverage came up with!)

My situation was actually more complicated than most, so I emailed several follow-up questions to one of the founders. He responded the same day with detailed, clear answers. I was really impressed... no useless automated replies or "I don't knows." He also called me at home later on just to confirm I had no further questions. No pressure, just information.

The whole experience was so positive that I felt it important to share my experience with others here. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.