Constants to be memorized?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tanner82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that we are coming down to the home-stretch of our MCAT prep, I was wondering, what constants (R, Trig Values, speed of light obviously) but what about the odder ones, such as Faraday's constant, Coloumbs constant ect?

Members don't see this ad.

Tanner82 said:
Now that we are coming down to the home-stretch of our MCAT prep, I was wondering, what constants (R, Trig Values, speed of light obviously) but what about the odder ones, such as Faraday's constant, Coloumbs constant ect?

hmmm... those latter ones are probably given.

I'd also know

22.4 mol/L of gas at STP
Avogadros number (6.022 *10^23)

SIN and COS of the basic angles: 30, 60, 45, 90, 0.

I learned in high school to draw these little triangles with easy numbers, you apply SOH CAH TOA and voila!

Draw a right angle triangle with 45 degree angles- label both legs 1 and the hypotenouse square root of 2.

Draw another right triangle with one leg longer than the other. Label the hypotenouse 2, the longer side sqare root of 3, and the shorter side 1 label the appropriate angles 30 and 60.

My MCAT teacher told us just to memorize the numbers but I'm so used to this method so I stick with it-- and really do recommend it! It's a good way to check yourself.