• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Contact for volunteer hours? TMDSAS

Txgirls85

Jun 23, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
So I volunteered at an organization from 2014-2016 in college, and they don't have a "record" of me volunteering there (it was before they went all online with their system :( ). The volunteer coordinator who worked there when I was a volunteer is no longer there..but I do have a contact (a girl that I volunteered/taught with that I reached out who told me she could confirm my participation) that I was able to put on AMCAS.

I spent a fairly significant amount of time doing non-clinical volunteer work there (~200+ hours). I'm probably being crazy, but I'm afraid to put it on my TMDSAS app because they don't ask for a contact like AMCAS. So I guess I'm afraid they might look up and call the org and then that the org won't know who I am since it's been 4+ years! Any advice on what to do?

esob

Article 14
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2015
UFP
  1. Medical Student
So I volunteered at an organization from 2014-2016 in college, and they don't have a "record" of me volunteering there (it was before they went all online with their system :( ). The volunteer coordinator who worked there when I was a volunteer is no longer there..but I do have a contact (a girl that I volunteered/taught with that I reached out who told me she could confirm my participation) that I was able to put on AMCAS.

I spent a fairly significant amount of time doing non-clinical volunteer work there (~200+ hours). I'm probably being crazy, but I'm afraid to put it on my TMDSAS app because they don't ask for a contact like AMCAS. So I guess I'm afraid they might look up and call the org and then that the org won't know who I am since it's been 4+ years! Any advice on what to do?

You are overthinking the situation. If you did the work and there is at least one other human being who can attest to it, then you deserve to put it on your application. TMDSAS doesn't do any of that stuff anyway, the only place that would bother to investigate it would be a school that accepted you, and even then I highly doubt that anyone ever calls to check on these things unless something seems wildly out of place.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.