Contact for volunteer hours? TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Txgirls85

Reaction score
So I volunteered at an organization from 2014-2016 in college, and they don't have a "record" of me volunteering there (it was before they went all online with their system :( ). The volunteer coordinator who worked there when I was a volunteer is no longer there..but I do have a contact (a girl that I volunteered/taught with that I reached out who told me she could confirm my participation) that I was able to put on AMCAS.

I spent a fairly significant amount of time doing non-clinical volunteer work there (~200+ hours). I'm probably being crazy, but I'm afraid to put it on my TMDSAS app because they don't ask for a contact like AMCAS. So I guess I'm afraid they might look up and call the org and then that the org won't know who I am since it's been 4+ years! Any advice on what to do?

Members don't see this ad.

So I volunteered at an organization from 2014-2016 in college, and they don't have a "record" of me volunteering there (it was before they went all online with their system :( ). The volunteer coordinator who worked there when I was a volunteer is no longer there..but I do have a contact (a girl that I volunteered/taught with that I reached out who told me she could confirm my participation) that I was able to put on AMCAS.

I spent a fairly significant amount of time doing non-clinical volunteer work there (~200+ hours). I'm probably being crazy, but I'm afraid to put it on my TMDSAS app because they don't ask for a contact like AMCAS. So I guess I'm afraid they might look up and call the org and then that the org won't know who I am since it's been 4+ years! Any advice on what to do?

You are overthinking the situation. If you did the work and there is at least one other human being who can attest to it, then you deserve to put it on your application. TMDSAS doesn't do any of that stuff anyway, the only place that would bother to investigate it would be a school that accepted you, and even then I highly doubt that anyone ever calls to check on these things unless something seems wildly out of place.

You're totally fine. In the 0% eventuality that someone asks, just say that your supervisor moved on, but they can speak to a fellow volunteer if they like.

Reactions: 1 user