hellokitty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
Do you think that contacting the admissions office (specifically Tufts) once a week (to check waitlist status, express continuing interest) would annoy them too much?

At this late in the process, how often are other waitlistees checking in?

About the Ads

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
California
Visit site
Status
I was on 4 waitlists, I never called once, and I got into 2 of them. Calling does not necessarily make a difference. When you call you ain't talking to the admissions committee.

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2000
New York, NY
www.uirockford.com
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by Diogenes
I was on 4 waitlists, I never called once, and I got into 2 of them. Calling does not necessarily make a difference. When you call you ain't talking to the admissions committee.

it depends who you're talking to, i agree. talk to someone who's invovled with the committee (not just a secretary). ask for them by name, etc. this will help you get further.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2000
Visit site
Status
Also depends on the school. I know Northwestern makes a note of who calls. Who gets pulled depends a lot on who shows the most interest (or so they say).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads