Contacting Admissions Office Once a week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellokitty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think that contacting the admissions office (specifically Tufts) once a week (to check waitlist status, express continuing interest) would annoy them too much?

At this late in the process, how often are other waitlistees checking in?

Members don't see this ad.

I call NYMC 2 times a week. err, 2 no avail. here's 2 no acceptances for 2002! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I advise people to call about their waitlist status AT LEAST once every 2 weeks. Once a week should be fine. Hopefully your call will be answered the way you want very soon!

I was on 4 waitlists, I never called once, and I got into 2 of them. Calling does not necessarily make a difference. When you call you ain't talking to the admissions committee.

Originally posted by Diogenes
I was on 4 waitlists, I never called once, and I got into 2 of them. Calling does not necessarily make a difference. When you call you ain't talking to the admissions committee.

it depends who you're talking to, i agree. talk to someone who's invovled with the committee (not just a secretary). ask for them by name, etc. this will help you get further.

Also depends on the school. I know Northwestern makes a note of who calls. Who gets pulled depends a lot on who shows the most interest (or so they say).