hellokitty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
Do you think that contacting the admissions office (specifically Tufts) once a week (to check waitlist status, express continuing interest) would annoy them too much?

At this late in the process, how often are other waitlistees checking in?

S

shamthis

I call NYMC 2 times a week. err, 2 no avail. here's 2 no acceptances for 2002! :(

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2000
New York, NY
www.uirockford.com
Status
Attending Physician
once a week is not high. they won't remember you. don't worry about it.

About the Ads

Cydney Foote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
www.accepted.com
Status
I advise people to call about their waitlist status AT LEAST once every 2 weeks. Once a week should be fine. Hopefully your call will be answered the way you want very soon!

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
California
Visit site
Status
I was on 4 waitlists, I never called once, and I got into 2 of them. Calling does not necessarily make a difference. When you call you ain't talking to the admissions committee.

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2000
New York, NY
www.uirockford.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Diogenes
I was on 4 waitlists, I never called once, and I got into 2 of them. Calling does not necessarily make a difference. When you call you ain't talking to the admissions committee.
it depends who you're talking to, i agree. talk to someone who's invovled with the committee (not just a secretary). ask for them by name, etc. this will help you get further.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2000
Visit site
Status
Also depends on the school. I know Northwestern makes a note of who calls. Who gets pulled depends a lot on who shows the most interest (or so they say).

About the Ads