Contacting programs after interview season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DigStim22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see what the general consensus is from SDN experts on contacting programs post interview season. I know the big no-no is to tell a place your ranking them first and then not following through. I am asking specifically because I had a few programs that I really like, but aren't #1, that told me to "keep in touch" or "let us know what your thinking" at the end of interview season. Although these programs aren't my number 1, they are high on my list, and I would hate to fall down on their rank lists if I don't contact them in some form. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel the same way about a few places. Would love to hear what people think!

What about not write anything to program?I wonder whether program will interpret the silence as we are not interested in them?

Members don't see this ad :)
That is my concern is well- if they said "let us know" and then you never send another contact.

Then again- I get what SS is saying- programs know "I really like you" probably means they aren't #1....

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you SS. I am leaning towards not sending any emails and just hope for the best.