Contacting Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Complications

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Is it worthwile to contact programs that I have not heard from? A few programs that are high on my list I haven't heard one way or another ... MSPE just went out Wed ... so should I chill? Or be proactive?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I asked around school (advisors and such), and the consensus seemed to be wait another week or so before you start contacting. I haven't heard from a couple of my top places and it's making me a little crazy, but I guess I just have to suck it up and be patient.

I feel your pain though!!:confused:

I agree with the above. Wait another week or so. I know Hopkins only just put out its first wave of interviews (and if you didn't get one yet it doesn't mean you aren't a good applicant!). So hang in there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm hanging ... we'll see. But I'm not sure what to say when I contact them ... it's not like much has changed in my app in 2 months ...

I'll do my best to not check my e-mail 17 times a day for the next week :).

I agree...I'm still hanging also. it's like i heard from some of my places, and am now wondering ?what about the rest??

What does it mean if you're not in the 'first wave' of interviews for a program? Are you a second preference?

Curiously, I've heard from everyone in my geographic area, but the opposite coast has been conspicuously quiet...:(

I can only speak for Hopkins, but being a second wave offer from Hopkins does NOT mean that you are second preference. They don't read the apps until the MSPE letter is in and have a lot of apps to get through, just give them time :)

FYI: I contacted Colorado last week, and they said they have yet to review my application.

One of my best friends is AOA, going into Peds, and she heard from Colorado a long time ago. I'm hoping it just means that some schools start with the AOAers and then move on from there... which, you know, makes their lives more efficient. I serve on the admissions committee for my medical school, and we usually offer "reflex" interviews to the very top echelon as well... and then concentrate our efforts on everyone else. It saves time and headaches. I'm just hoping that's the case here and I won't get looked over after all is said and done! :)

GoSprout, I just heard from Colorado today with an offer after hearing from everyone else. Weird, but I'm happy.

apparently losers have no luck in life.