Contacting schools for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yuubae

Reaction score
Hey guys, so the dentist I work for recommended me with getting in touch with the schools that I applied to so that they could set up interviews for me instead of waiting for them to contact me. To my knowledge, I have never heard of anyone doing this, so I thought it was best to ask people that would know. Is it possible to call the respective schools and see if they'll let me do an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Are they trying to sabotage you

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how many decades are they out of Dental school
He is on the older side, probably like 40 years. What made it seem valid was that his partner, who graduated dental school only 5 years ago, also said that I should do it.

Though judging from your reactions, it doesn’t sound like a good idea… lol

What made it seem valid was that his partner, who graduated dental school only 5 years ago, also said that I should do it.
I sincerely hope he is pulling your chain.
Though judging from your reactions, it doesn’t sound like a good idea… lol
I mean there's a reason why it takes months from submitting your application, to getting an interview invite, to getting accepted: there's a whole process behind the scenes of which we only have a faint idea of. It's not like they have your app, read it all, and decided "yeah, we should probably interview this dude..." and then just put your app somewhere on a desk, thinking they'll get to it later... and then you come in, and wow everybody with your ingenuity "woah, this pre-dental just called us first, can you believe that!? Genius! Let's give him an interview for him showing how proactive he is"...like just no.

Just wait for them to contact you. They literally say that in their emails when they receive your application. They get more applications than seats, and they have a systematic way of choosing who's most competitive. They then send out interviews...not the other way around.

Reactions: 1 users
Nope not the best idea. Definitely a patience game with this one. Depending on the school, they have a process in sorting through the applications and determining who gets interviewed.

Also, if you did call the school, you will probably get stopped on the front end by the secretary/receptionist and be told to hang tight and wait.

Reactions: 1 user