Contacting Schools to Check Status???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been verified since end of October and no interview word yet, but I hear alot of you have contacted schools to check status and they gave some insight into possible interviews etc.. Would you reccomend contacting schools just to check up even though you know your application is complete, or just wait?

Members don't see this ad.

It's VERY rare for them to tell you about interviews. I would recommend against bothering them when you already know they have your stuff.

I agree with none. I think that it is just better to just sit tight b/c a phone call probably won't change the ultimate decision at all. I know how hard the wait can be at times though (almost unbearable!). But you always have studentdoctor.net to keep you occupied! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I made my LAST call to a school today and verified that my app was complete and "still under review". It was actually complete a lot later than I thought. This school had a really cool web status check that is now kaput (Northwestern) so I think they anticipate the calls.

I would call. 2 reasons...
1. I thought I was complete at one school and sat tight for 2 months only to find out that they were missing a letter of rec.
2. Every school I have called has been very helpful and understanding that I am an anxious nervous student. I would be really surprised if they cared either way that you called to check on your status. I wouldn't call like 20 times, but I would call once.