SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Contacting Schools to Check Status???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sng33, Dec 4, 2001.

1. sng33

sng33 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 17, 2001
    I have been verified since end of October and no interview word yet, but I hear alot of you have contacted schools to check status and they gave some insight into possible interviews etc.. Would you reccomend contacting schools just to check up even though you know your application is complete, or just wait?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    It's VERY rare for them to tell you about interviews. I would recommend against bothering them when you already know they have your stuff.
  4. community

community Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 16, 2001
    New York/New Jersey
    I agree with none. I think that it is just better to just sit tight b/c a phone call probably won't change the ultimate decision at all. I know how hard the wait can be at times though (almost unbearable!). But you always have to keep you occupied! Good luck!
  5. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 31, 2001
    I made my LAST call to a school today and verified that my app was complete and "still under review". It was actually complete a lot later than I thought. This school had a really cool web status check that is now kaput (Northwestern) so I think they anticipate the calls.
  6. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 24, 2001
    I would call. 2 reasons...
    1. I thought I was complete at one school and sat tight for 2 months only to find out that they were missing a letter of rec.
    2. Every school I have called has been very helpful and understanding that I am an anxious nervous student. I would be really surprised if they cared either way that you called to check on your status. I wouldn't call like 20 times, but I would call once.