Contacts or Glasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between wearing contacts or glasses. I normally wear contacts when I'm not home but I'm concerned about getting tired on the test. What are you guys doing, those who wear contacts?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I dont really have a choice...my glasses broke about a month ago and i haven't had the time, nor the will, to really go get new ones. Besides i need a new prescription for them and everything.

But even if i did have my glasses, i would still be wearing my contacts...i'm used to it by now and I dont that switching would be that big of a difference..

I have this same issue. I generally wear contacts when out, but I noticed on practice tests that my eyes would get dry and sometimes bother me, and recently for some reason with my contacts my eye started twitching after staring at passages too long. So I'm definitely going with glasses. If you do wear contacts, I suggest bringing along eye drops for if your eyes get dry and also contact fluid and case and your glasses, just in case you need to remove them in the middle.

i totally agree, i wear glasses 99% of the time, but im gonna be wearing contax for the test (i have acuvue advanced so its not bad, but IMO glasses r better for a long test)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd say it's whatever you're used to. I wear the night and day lenses, so i don't take them out for about 2 weeks. i sleep in them, shower in them, everything. so when i wear glasses, it feels so much weirder and i can't focus as well. they alwasy slip down my face and feel heavy. so i'm going with contacts.

i'm wearing contacts
if i were u i'd stick with what you are used to and if you do where contacts, bring drops, and your glasses and change during the break if u run into problems
my glasses are so old that they'd actually give me a headache if i wore them

Thanks for reminding me!

I'll be wearing contacts and bringing an extra pair. I have disposables, and occasionally they just decided they're done for no good reason.

I'll throw my glasses in my bag too, but I don't plan on using them...

contacts of course! i dont like glasses anymore, it feels too heavy..

if your eyes get tired and dry from staring, wear your glasses. that's what i did. OO

Apparition said:
Trying to decide between wearing contacts or glasses. I normally wear contacts when I'm not home but I'm concerned about getting tired on the test. What are you guys doing, those who wear contacts?

Go with the contacts. I took the mcat in aug and actually remember taking off my glasses for the bio section because my brain hurt so much... Sort like the fact based medicine we are going to practice as doctors....