Contemplating retaking PCAT in September

Started by Hidden
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hidden

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finished my PCAT yesterday and was so tempted to not have the test scored, just because I didn't even get to input an answer on 5-6 Chemistry and 10 QA questions.

Verbal 416/74%
Biology 421/79%
Reading 417/81%
Quantitative 402/51%
Chemistry 426/85%
Composite 416/79%

I am only contemplating to retake the exam because 1) I know I can score higher in the quantitative, which should bring my composite up and 2) those "essays" I wrote were terribad and deserve a 2 max. I'm ready to go again tomorrow if it was only offered like that.

Overall GPA ~3.4, Sci ~3.1, 2 years retail pharmacy tech experience, ~120 volunteer hours, treasurer and eventually president of a volunteer organization, already have a BS in Biology and trying to get into either University of Texas or University of Houston.

I'm going to call the admission counselors tomorrow and any thoughts appreciated.
 
I finished my PCAT yesterday and was so tempted to not have the test scored, just because I didn't even get to input an answer on 5-6 Chemistry and 10 QA questions.

Verbal 416/74%
Biology 421/79%
Reading 417/81%
Quantitative 402/51%
Chemistry 426/85%
Composite 416/79%

I am only contemplating to retake the exam because 1) I know I can score higher in the quantitative, which should bring my composite up and 2) those "essays" I wrote were terribad and deserve a 2 max. I'm ready to go again tomorrow if it was only offered like that.

Overall GPA ~3.4, Sci ~3.1, 2 years retail pharmacy tech experience, ~120 volunteer hours, treasurer and eventually president of a volunteer organization, already have a BS in Biology and trying to get into either University of Texas or University of Houston.

I'm going to call the admission counselors tomorrow and any thoughts appreciated.

IMO you really should not retake it.