content of secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering how similar the content of the secondaries can be to the primary. e.g., there was some really nice sentences in my primary that i would like to use in my secondary. i would see this as okay if different people read each (primary and secondary). but i'm not sure if this is how it works.

i'm obvioulsy going to have to draw on some of the same activities as my primary, but wondering what the best way is to make things sound new/original. my primary was rather detailed....feel like i'm running out of things to say about myself!

Members don't see this ad.

i was just wondering how similar the content of the secondaries can be to the primary. e.g., there was some really nice sentences in my primary that i would like to use in my secondary. i would see this as okay if different people read each (primary and secondary). but i'm not sure if this is how it works.

i'm obvioulsy going to have to draw on some of the same activities as my primary, but wondering what the best way is to make things sound new/original. my primary was rather detailed....feel like i'm running out of things to say about myself!

Check carefully! There are at least a few secondaries (Utah for sure) that specifically state NOT to include information in a secondary essay that can be found in your primary essay. It might not be worth it to try and sneak one by, as this could be directly against the school's wishes.

Good luck