Post-interview update letter content - anticipated experience, now realized

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buatodkcas

Reaction score
Hello all,

I interviewed yesterday with a school I'm highly interested in. I am considering sending an update letter but am unsure if the content is worthy.

It seems anticipated experiences in AMCAS do not seem to be worth much. I listed a job change from clinical work to research (no prior experience) as anticipated post-AMCAS submission but began prior to my interview (+500 hours). Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to discuss this in my interview. Is an updated description of my duties/confirmation of my involvement, in conjunction with +100 hours of community service, worthy of a brief letter?

Members don't see this ad.

If the school is open to up-dates, you could send something now as a thank you for the opportunity to interview, and expression of gratitude for a specific bit of information about the school you didn't already know (no doubt they offered an info session as part of the interview day) and then a statement that you wish you had had the opportunity to provide an update on your new job that you started in [month] and that involves x, y, z.
Close with a statement thanking the school for an enjoyable interview day and looking forward to receiving a decision in the months ahead.

Reactions: 1 user
Much appreciated. Would you consider the specification of hours completed to even be necessary? There seems to be a delicate balance between exhibiting the depth of exposure and coming across as 'doing it to get in'.