Content Review vs. Practice Problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fritolays08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of the schedules that I have seen on here consist of the OP first doing content review, and then moving into practice problems and full lengths. This might be a silly question, but is content review strictly just reading review books with no problems at all? The way that I'm studying is that I review a chapter, and then spend a few hours on practice problems/passages associated with the particular topic. Would this be considered both review and practice, and not just solely content review? I just want to make sure that I'm not only doing content reviewing. My test is in a month so I will start doing full lengths again this weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

That's the general approach that most people take. Read over pertinent material for a couple hours, do some practice passages, then go back and review at a later time and do some more practice passages. Once content review is finished as a first run through, then it's time for some FL's and figuring out where some weaknesses still remain.

At least that's the general gist I have seen and am personally doing.

Most people have difficulty reading without problems. Therefore even with reading you should use a resource which incorporates practice problems after each section. TPR and TBR subject reviews are both excellent.

That being said, if your test date is in a month, you should spend at least 50% of your time on problems. Complete all 8 AAMC Practice Exams first if you have not done so already and review the explanations carefully, utilizing your subject reviews as needed. If you have completed those by two weeks out, subscribe to the Kaplan Qbank (1000Q) and try to finish it before the exam.