Content review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postponemastudentloan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a schedule to follow for mcat studying to keep myself on track. I have roughly 4 months and *maybe* 2 weeks in January (depending on what testing days are available & when I schedule the test). My plan was to do just content review for 4-6 weeks (and cars passages daily) and spend the rest of the time doing practice exams and questions. I'm also taking a biochem class (I couldn't take it earlier due to switching schools) & want to make sure I give enough time to that class.

My only problem is even with doing 2 chapters a day (7 books- 12 chapters each), I still wont be on track to finish the content review within 6 weeks. I don't really know what to do because other SDN forums say that they could only get through 1-2 chapters a day. Do you have any suggestions/advice? I just dont want to rush through it and realize I didn't actually get the content down when I start doing questions.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

One thing I really regret doing while prepping is trying to read any review books. It was so dense, took forever and in the end nothing really stuck.

If I could study for the MCAT again, I would study like I study in med school. For content review, get the PDF of EK somewhere while watching corresponding KA videos at 1.75x according to the organization of the EK books. Download a comprehensive anki deck from the reddit sub (there's so many now compared to when I took the test) and use that to retain the info. Those decks have roughly ~5000 cards so divide that accordingly so you can finish all the new cards to fit your 4-6 week timeline. Spend the rest of your time doing passages/30 minute exams for topics like chem/physics that need practice. Once you finish the new cards, you'll be constantly reviewing the content on Anki and not wasting your time forgetting stuff. Now just focus on practice FLs, test strategies and the concepts you're actually rusty on.