Content review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

telavivi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to begin content review? I have a few months before I begin hardcore studying and I want to get a good review of Biology and Chemistry before then.

Any advice? Should I just be reading text books (I had Campbell for bio and Brown, Lemay and Bursten for chem)?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the aamc website and print out the list of content for each section of the mcat. Use that as a guide. That way you won't waste your time studying topics that aren't heavily tested. I'm using a combination of textbooks, class notes, and kaplan comprehensive review from 2005. I can't afford anymore review books, but if I could, I'd look into either br or pr.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to begin content review? I have a few months before I begin hardcore studying and I want to get a good review of Biology and Chemistry before then.

Any advice? Should I just be reading text books (I had Campbell for bio and Brown, Lemay and Bursten for chem)?

Thanks.

שלום

Don't bother with textbooks UNLESS there is specific info you're looking for (usually happens once you're head & shoulders in MCAT studying). I'd recommend starting verbal now if you're weak in it. It takes much longer to imporve verbal than the sciences.

שלום

Don't bother with textbooks UNLESS there is specific info you're looking for (usually happens once you're head & shoulders in MCAT studying). I'd recommend starting verbal now if you're weak in it. It takes much longer to imporve verbal than the sciences.

A good suggestion. I also agree with this regarding textbooks. What you need to do is make sure you read/memorize and apply while doing questions. I think doing content review shouldn't preclude doing lots of questions...answer questions on a topic is the best way to understand it's content.

Members don't see this ad :)
A good suggestion. I also agree with this regarding textbooks. What you need to do is make sure you read/memorize and apply while doing questions. I think doing content review shouldn't preclude doing lots of questions...answer questions on a topic is the best way to understand it's content.

Op will run out of questions. He's taking the mcat in the spring.

Op will run out of questions. He's taking the mcat in the spring.

I don't think that should be a concern. Use your test prep stuff for questions, if you have a Kaplan or TPR online review, they have plenty of questions, if you have textbooks, those have questions and if you don't, go online and find some free quizzes or something.

I would suggest limiting the usage or aamc practice tests until the last few months. There were only 5 of them when I last took the mcat. I think there are 10 now?

תודה לך

I plan on using the aamc tests under real timed conditions so I will save those for a few months out. Meantime, EK will keep me busy enough with textbook referencing as needed. Also preparing for Verbal sounds like a good idea. Thanks.