ucfgrad10

Mr. Meaty Calves
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2011
FL
Status
Podiatry Student
I was wondering how many people on here have continued to shadow AFTER they have already been accepted and committed to a school?

Robert De Niro

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2010
NE Ohio
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I plan to shadow again once I have more free time, which will hopefully be in the spring. Once school starts, the next time we are in a hospital or doc's office we might have the pressure of being graded! I want to enjoy one last stress free observation before that! lol

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I would like to, but working full time makes it dam near impossible unless burning vacation days.

OP
ucfgrad10

ucfgrad10

Mr. Meaty Calves
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2011
FL
Status
Podiatry Student
That's how I feel! I would love to also, but I need to work as much as I can, while I can, so I have some money when school starts :/.

Feb 1, 2013
Status
Podiatry Student
i will be shadowing after acceptances but only when i have the time. my pod knows that im also working fulltime so he has me on incredibly flex hours.

Feb 1, 2013
Status
Podiatry Student
plus hes on the admissions committee for certain residency programs and i want to maintain a close connection with him =D

Ferocity

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jan 9, 2010
Status
Podiatry Student
Your question is similar to: Continue working after winning the lottery?

It's up to you.

Oct 10, 2012
Michigan
Status
Pre-Podiatry
May depend on if you have already completed your undergraduate degree or if you already graduated?

Way I see it is if you apply during your Senior year in college and get accepted then I would focus more on my undergraduate degree than shadowing.

But if you have already graduated and have really nothing better to do then why not?

Jan 11, 2013
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Try to get a part time job at a podiatrist's office near the school you are going to attend.
Do you really think it would be possible to manage a job while in Podiatry school? I'm just curious because I have been trying to figure out whether or not I should look for a job, or even attempt to have one.

Jun 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Do you really think it would be possible to manage a job while in Podiatry school? I'm just curious because I have been trying to figure out whether or not I should look for a job, or even attempt to have one.
Unless it is something very flexible and part time I would say no, certainly no career track jobs. I remember friends in undergrad who worked campus jobs such as desk attendants where you could study most of the time, that would be doable.

OP
ucfgrad10

ucfgrad10

Mr. Meaty Calves
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2011
FL
Status
Podiatry Student
Unless it is something very flexible and part time I would say no, certainly no career track jobs. I remember friends in undergrad who worked campus jobs such as desk attendants where you could study most of the time, that would be doable.
I filled out on my FASFA that I would do work/study. Kent said during my interviews that's what a few students do there to make some money ($8-$10 an hour positions). Probably what I will be doing if I have to.

AMDG83

5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2012
Status
Podiatrist
Just keep in contact...cards/emails/etc

Go do things you've always wanted to do because you're never going to have time once school starts.