Contracts after match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DadofDr2B

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you know that all contracts are the same from program to program when you only get to examine one contract? Could you get an example contract before ranking? Are the benefits the same, etc.? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

At interviews you should have received mock contracts to see at each program. Obviously things might change for the 2008 contract but it would give you an idea. Hope that helps.

while we're on the topic...

...what exactly is the typical time table for contracts post match

i'm guessing programs mail them out to us a few days after match day...and want you to return them....ASAP?

Every program will show you their contract at your interview, so you'll get a chance to see them before ranking.

Contracts go out usually the day after match day. Fourth year students have this tendancy to disappear after the match.... signed contract is often needed for a training license (state specific)

Questions about the contract:

1) I'm retaking Step 2 CS on March 21, results wont be in until May 20. So that means that I will not have passed CS by the time the program sends me their contract. Is that a problem? My school does not require CS for graduation. As long as I get the passing score report before July 1, is that all that matters?

2) What information is in the contract? Does it include salary numbers? I want to buy a house and I need a letter from the program stating how much money I'm going to make. Does this contract count for that or do I need something else? Is this contract signed already by the program director when I get it in the mail? Because I probably need something with both mine and the PD's signature on it.

Questions about the contract:

1) I'm retaking Step 2 CS on March 21, results wont be in until May 20. So that means that I will not have passed CS by the time the program sends me their contract. Is that a problem? My school does not require CS for graduation. As long as I get the passing score report before July 1, is that all that matters?

2) What information is in the contract? Does it include salary numbers? I want to buy a house and I need a letter from the program stating how much money I'm going to make. Does this contract count for that or do I need something else? Is this contract signed already by the program director when I get it in the mail? Because I probably need something with both mine and the PD's signature on it.

CS might not be required at all for your internship. Some states require CS for a training license, many do not.

You contract should include all of that information. If there's any question, simply ask your new PD for a letter with salary information in it. Piece of cake!

CS might not be required at all for your internship. Some states require CS for a training license, many do not.

I looked up Texas, and their rules dont say anything about Step 2 CS, all they want is proof that you graduated from medical school. They dont even require Step 1 or Step 2 CK either!