Contracts!

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by saintsfan180, 09.23.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. saintsfan180

saintsfan180 2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just coming out of residency and I was wondering how long it usually takes for a group to draw one up. I have my eye on a program in Arizona that told me they'd be sending me one. That was last week and I still haven't received one. How long do these things usually take? I'm sure it'll come (because why would they lie?) but I'm stressing out!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. GeneralVeers

GeneralVeers Globus Hystericus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Verified
    Physician
    Usually it take several weeks. There is no harm calling and reminding them. Many CMGs use a central HR department over which the local directors have no control. You may want to give the central HR department a call and find out when they will send out your contract.

4. RustedFox

RustedFox We're all stars now. In the GOAT RODEO. 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Agree w Veers. I remember having the same anxiety.

5. Birdstrike

Birdstrike 5+ Year Member

Call the secretary and politely ask, or maybe call to make sure they have your correct mailing address, or something like that, not overly pushy. Tell them you've had issues with mail getting lost recently, or something (Haven't we all?) It's probably sitting on the desk of someone busy, to okay it, or to make minor modifications. It's a legal thing. These things can take a while. I wouldn't freak out about it, but wouldn't totally let it ride either, as minds and circumstances can change.

About the ads