You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Controversial Linked-In Post...Sour Grapes Versus Revolution
Started by drusso
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is he saying anything that is incorrect?
When I applied for fellowship, the match rate as I recall was around 70%, on par with GI or cardiology for that year.
Now we have unfilled 15ish percent of fellowship positions. The hot anesthesia market doesn't account for this as PM&R grads would gladly fill those positions.
When I applied for fellowship, the match rate as I recall was around 70%, on par with GI or cardiology for that year.
Now we have unfilled 15ish percent of fellowship positions. The hot anesthesia market doesn't account for this as PM&R grads would gladly fill those positions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this one for real or is it all virtue signaling?
Elaborate.
Pain fellowship does not matter.
Plenty of easy non accredited fellowships for pmr grads. Nice suburban hospital near my house employs one who does implants etc.
My LinkedIn suggested connections is pages long full of pain docs I’ve never heard of. Wasn’t like that 20 years ago when I was first interested in our field. Kinda “knew” everyone.
Supply and demand field is saturated
Plenty of easy non accredited fellowships for pmr grads. Nice suburban hospital near my house employs one who does implants etc.
My LinkedIn suggested connections is pages long full of pain docs I’ve never heard of. Wasn’t like that 20 years ago when I was first interested in our field. Kinda “knew” everyone.
Supply and demand field is saturated
Last edited:
I don't know them, but this is one of ASPN's pointy shoed gents, correct? That society is the epitome of flash without substance. He's on the social media guidelines paper, so maybe he's trying to reign them in?Elaborate.
I'm just not sure what this is exactly, but posting on social media about the problems with attention whoring or advisory boards seems like they're trying to establish that their way is the right way to the play the game that they're claiming to detest.
That work?Why don't you paste that picture in the thread?
I did. Spare the young and innocent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Darn, I wish my open payments info was that cool. My total is 400 bucks, half of which was for a hosted lunch at my office that I literally was out of town for but they put my name down anyway.
Lol you guys are brutal
I don’t really see the utility in growing a LinkedIn network. I think if you’re looking for a job it’s helpful to have a profile and access job listings, but in terms of social media it’s a lot of noise.
I agree. That’s why I don’t bother with it.
That's serious cheddar.
What's LinkedIn?
Is it though?That's serious cheddar.
What's LinkedIn?
It's like the cork board at your coffee shop where everyone pins their business card, except digital. You can also leave notes so everyone can see your discussion with the other people with business cards.What's LinkedIn?
It's enough to make me not trust you.Is it though?
Business card in the front, phone number on the bathroom wallIt's like the cork board at your coffee shop where everyone pins their business card, except digital.
Why don't you paste that picture in the thread?
Why don’t you?
I tried. Couldn't do it for some reason.Why don’t you?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K