Conundrum with RUSM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankeekd25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted and enrolled at Ross this past September until Hurricane Maria destroyed Dominica. Surely you've heard of their idea to put us on the cruise ship. I took an approved absence withdrawal. I was going to start in January, relocated in Tennessee. However, Ross does not have the accreditation yet. Also, I was hoping to go to school with my fiancé, but she got accepted into the May 2018 semester. I asked Ross if I could extend my absence until they figure things out. I was told my only option would be to withdraw from the school and reapply. Ross gave me scholarships and I'm concerned I would not get these back. I have a 3.85 gpa and a 30 old mcat. I would reapply to US schools, but I'm already 28, and my fiancé already has her acceptance.

How bad would a W look on my transcript for PDs? Is this a big no no even though Ross isn't even yet accredited for TN?
Thanks for your time and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted and enrolled at Ross this past September until Hurricane Maria destroyed Dominica. Surely you've heard of their idea to put us on the cruise ship. I took an approved absence withdrawal. I was going to start in January, relocated in Tennessee. However, Ross does not have the accreditation yet. Also, I was hoping to go to school with my fiancé, but she got accepted into the May 2018 semester. I asked Ross if I could extend my absence until they figure things out. I was told my only option would be to withdraw from the school and reapply. Ross gave me scholarships and I'm concerned I would not get these back. I have a 3.85 gpa and a 30 old mcat. I would reapply to US schools, but I'm already 28, and my fiancé already has her acceptance.

How bad would a W look on my transcript for PDs? Is this a big no no even though Ross isn't even yet accredited for TN?
Thanks for your time and advice.

This is a legit problem. A "W" on any transcript would look horrible for PD. As a person going through the match right now, you will need to explain every discrepancy on your transcript. This includes the time you took to study for steps or temporary withdraw. It would be unwise to take a W just because you want to start later.

Its a tough choice, but it depends if you want to start 1 semester later and risk that W. Even if you start in Jan and your fiance starts in May, there is a way that you can start 5th semester and onwards together. You just have to deal with the first 4 semesters being in different classes. If I was thinking with pessimism, there could be a potential of repeating the semester.... And then both of you will be in the same class. I only say this because Ross has changed its grading system and is definitely harder on a different level.

GL OP[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
My answer is in that qoute.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I would love to attend with her. However, my primary concern is lack of accreditation. This would be the response/explanation I give PDs regarding this decision if I did go through with it. The semester on the ship is still going on, and people are studying on it without the proper accreditation. There's a chance it may not go through. This same concern exists for TN.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I would love to attend with her. However, my primary concern is lack of accreditation. This would be the response/explanation I give PDs regarding this decision if I did go through with it. The semester on the ship is still going on, and people are studying on it without the proper accreditation. There's a chance it may not go through. This same concern exists for TN.

I dont know how much the accreditation would affect your journey at this point. Nonetheless, how it would affect perhaps hundreds of us in the school system now. You brought up a good point that RUSM has not even highlighted towards its own students. Ill check up on that.

I think, in multiple ways, this highlights how vulnerable it is placing a campus on a poor Caribbean island in the middle of hurricane alley. I was fortunate that this wasn't an issue when I was there. It was only a matter of time.

-Skip

Reactions: 1 user
the hurricanes are only going to get worse. i would look at schools on islands below the hurricane belt (below st. lucia). I would get as far away from Ross as you possibly can.

the hurricanes are only going to get worse.

Okay... how about let's leave the Global Warming debate (if that's where you're going) to other parts of teh interwebs.

Ross admin needs to decide - on their own - how much time, effort, and treasure they want to re-invest in rebuilding the infrastructure on this tiny, poor Caribbean island. The last time Dominica had a "hit" this bad was in 1978 during Hurricane David. That was nearly 40 years ago. Even when I was there in the early 2000's, they still hadn't fully recovered from it. It's going to take decades - not months - for Dominica to recover from Hurricane Maria.

No one can predict if/when such a strike will occur again, and that is certainly not sufficient reason on its own not to go to school down there. Just a risk. Along with a multitude of other risks.

-Skip

P.S. I'm also not sure this post isn't just the aformerstudentbot™ rearing its ugly head again.

Even when I was there in the early 2000's,

A lot has changed at the school since you were there, including being bought out by DeVry (same company that owned the now defunct ITT tech "Schools").

There have been rumblings about moving/merging with a US school for many years and this is the perfect opportunity for them to pull the trigger. Locals on the island are reporting that very little is being done to campus currently so that should tell you something right there...

Not a bot and not a former student, but I have worked very closely with the school for about a decade. I would not advise anyone to attend this school right now. Too risky & there are way better options out there.

A lot has changed at the school since you were there, including being bought out by DeVry (same company that owned the now defunct ITT tech "Schools").

DeVry bought Ross while I was attending. I'm well aware of the situation. They recently re-branded to Adtalem, and they just sold-off DeVry University because it was hemorrhaging cash.

Ross University both Vet and Med schools are the most profitable arm - by far - of Adtalem. If they cease to exist, Adtalem likewise will no longer exist. They are, therefore, highly motivated to continue to make it work.

Your caveat may eventually prove to be true. But, if anything, the school(s) are going to do whatever they can to maintain enrollment. How much they actually help Dominica rebuild... that is the question in my mind. I'm sure a multitude of options are being floated right now. Including possibly permanent establishment on some other island (or even in the U.S.) through some sort of additional credentialing loophole. This is, after all, why the lawyers make the big bucks.

I would not and will not give advice either way because I don't yet have enough information about the internal machinations at Ross. You claim to anonymously have this, and yet without sourcing that for verification. And, you have already demonstrated that you don't have the most current facts regarding their situation (i.e. ownership).

There are hundreds of (if not a thousand or more) students currently in 3rd and 4th year students in clinical rotations right now. There is an established office in New Jersey. There is still a "beach head" in Dominica that, while maybe marginally, is still functioning as the campus.

My position is much more cautious and circumspect. But, as always, caveat emptor.

-Skip

I thought you graduated in 2000 (before Ross was bought by Devry). My apologies. That being said, changing the name isn't changing ownership. The ownership of the school has not changed since it was bought by Devry in 2003.

Ross med/vet alone is NOT the most profitable arm of Adtalem. Only when it is combined with AUC and Chamberlain nursing school. And recently, Ross med has been the biggest loser for the company. If you think for 1 second that they won't drop Ross as fast as they dropped Devry University you don't understand the economics of offshore med schools.
source: i can't link the website, but google nasdaq "why is devry education atge up since the last earnings report"

They should save those lawyer dollars for the FTC and DoE lawsuits.

You are lucky you graduated over a decade ago. Today's students aren't going to be so lucky when they lose federal funding and/or their school gets sold off to some random company looking for the tax losses. The 3/4 year students are probably going to be OK as long as they graduate under a Trump presidency, but as soon as Devos is out, all bets are off.

None of this info will be told to a prospective student by the recruiters (hell- I'd bet money that most of the recruiters don't even know themselves), so while I agree it is up to the student to do due diligence, it is also up to people who DO know to warn them.

That being said, changing the name isn't changing ownership. The ownership of the school has not changed since it was bought by Devry in 2003.

Well, the leadership has with Hamburger's resignation (and payout) in 2016, but I'm not gonna split hairs. They are re-branded under new corporate leadership, but still a publicly traded, for-profit entity. No disagreement.

Ross med/vet alone is NOT the most profitable arm of Adtalem. Only when it is combined with AUC and Chamberlain nursing school.

I'll leave it to you to check the line-items on their 10k and then get back to me on that.

And recently, Ross med has been the biggest loser for the company.

Patently false. And, overall Adtalem's stock price is up almost 25% over the past year.

You are lucky you graduated over a decade ago. Today's students aren't going to be so lucky .... <snip>... it is also up to people who DO know to warn them.

There have been various iterations of this or similar dire prognostications floating around Internet forums for literally decades. They are rarely (1) accurate or (2) come to fruition. What usually happens is some random and unforeseen event that changes the playing field. Hurricane Maria is such an event.

I will state this again: if Ross Med folds, Adtalem is done. They have a high commitment and core interest in ensuring its success. The current variable in my mind, and one I strongly believe without knowing for a fact, is that the current senior management is struggling with how much investment they are willing to dedicate to rebuilding the infrastructure on Dominica, which I surmise has implications that extend beyond the campus boundaries. And, only time will tell the answer to that.

Nonetheless, whatever happens will clearly represent a business decisions, as ruthless as that may subsequently appear. That is what everyone should know going in.

-Skip

Reactions: 1 users
I'll leave it to you to check the line-items on their 10k and then get back to me on that.

I gave you a source, you can read it for yourself. Overall Adtalem's stock has gone up, but it is definitely not because of Ross. Ross has been a huge loser for them in terms of profit. If you dont believe me just read the article I mentioned above. It is a publicly traded company, this info is public.

Also, Ross DOES NOT own that property in Dominica. How much they invest in the campus and surrounding areas will come down to an agreement with the government and locals who do own that property. Considering that nothing is being done currently (save a few independent businesses), yet Ross said they'd be back on the island by the spring should tell you a lot. A spokeswoman for LMU recently said Ross was planning to stay for "at least a year". You can make your own conclusions from that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall Adtalem's stock has gone up, but it is definitely not because of Ross. Ross has been a huge loser for them in terms of profit. If you dont believe me just read the article I mentioned above. It is a publicly traded company, this info is public.

You mean this? This isn't their 10k. This is an editorial.

"New enrollment trends remained mixed by segment, with DeVry University, Carrington, and Medical and Veterinary all remaining weak (down 11% year over year, 18%, and 14%, respectively, as of each institution's most recent enrollment period), while Chamberlain new student enrollment improvement was a solid positive during the quarter. It was up 16.5% as of July against 4% growth in May and year-to-date average up in low-single-digits."
- and this -

"Medical and Healthcare: This reporting <sic> is the largest contributor to revenues and earnings ... ."

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/why-i...p-115-since-the-last-earnings-report-cm847515

Besides, this is about new enrollment, not revenue. (Do you even know what a 10K is?)

Fine, I'll do it myself.
  • Revenue was $340,861,000 from their medical training operations outside the U.S., by far the largest of their International Operations (page 135)
  • Medical and healthcare revenue (which does include the nursing school) was $802,462,000, far and away the lion's share (page 134)
  • All of their operating costs were far below their revenues
http://investors.adtalem.com/Cache/390043938.pdf?IID=4183694&FID=390043938&O=3&OSID=9

Also, Ross DOES NOT own that property in Dominica. How much they invest in the campus and surrounding areas will come down to an agreement with the government and locals who do own that property. Considering that nothing is being done currently (save a few independent businesses), yet Ross said they'd be back on the island by the spring should tell you a lot. A spokeswoman for LMU recently said Ross was planning to stay for "at least a year". You can make your own conclusions from that.

Wrong again.
  • RUSMs foundations of medicine [classroom coursework for MS1 and MS2] facilities of approximately 273,000 total square feet are located on an approximately 33 acre campus in Dominica, of which approximately 22 acres are occupied under lease and 11 acres are owned. (ibid, page 51)
I've always said that increased spots in the U.S. for "marginal" candidates was good for the students and bad for Caribbean schools. They acknowledged in their 10K that "competition" is driving down new enrollment. Staying in Tennessee may prove to be a blessing in disguise, if they can navigate the regulatory hurdles.

You've given us nothing important or tangible here, except for marginally correct information.

(aformerstudentbot™... sure that isn't you? Looking more and more like it, especially with your recent posting pattern.)

-Skip

I'm amazed you made it through medical school with those reading comprehension skills honestly.

Literally 4 lines down from the chunk you quoted..."At Chamberlain, revenues rose 2.4%. Revenue for the medical and veterinary schools decreased 3%. "

Their revenue for all medical/healthcare training outside of the US...that is AUC, Ross med, Ross vet, the schools in Brazil, etc.

Yes, Ross med is a large part of their portfolio, but it isn't the largest chunk, and it has been losing them money in recent years. If you think that Adtalem needs Ross med to survive you are wrong.

OK yes, 1/3 of the total property is actually owned by the company. The main part of campus where the library, classrooms, anatomy lab, etc is NOT owned by them, it is leased. The part they own is the annex and other outbuildings, and where the pink house/apartments used to be. The most important part of their campus is NOT owned.

You can try to spin it however you want, but at the end of the day Ross is way too risky of an option right now.

Yes, Ross med... has been losing them money in recent years.

^ This.

Here you are again with your limited understand of nuance and sloppy use of imprecise expressions, without an even a basic comprehension of finances. You get a piece of information and twist it to fit your agenda. And, you pepper it with insults and ad hominem thinking it will bolster your argument.

Welcome back, aformerstudentbot™.

-Skip

Last edited:
^ This.

Here you are again with your limited understand of nuance and sloppy use of imprecise expressions, without an even a basic comprehension of finances. You get a piece of information and twist it to fit your agenda. And, you pepper it with insults and ad hominem thinking it will bolster your argument.

Welcome back, aformerstudentbot™..

-Skip

Posting a pendantic reply doesn't erase the fact that Ross Med is losing money for the company and that it is a risky bet for students looking to go abroad for their education (for a multitude of other reasons). I dont know why you are taking it so personally though, its not like they can come and take your degree away.

Posting a pendantic reply doesn't erase the fact that Ross Med is losing money for the company... <snip>

(1) I don't think the word pendantic (sic) means what you think it means.

(2) As previously, reported above (and clearly outlined in their 10k report, a legally-binding Federally-required publication under SEC rules), Ross' revenues were roughly $340M for fiscal reporting year 2017. Their total operating costs for the school in the same period were around $110M, netting them roughly a $230M profit.

You have little clue what you are talking about, aformerstudentbot™ (as usual). Do you know what a "wonk" is? Someone who thinks they know something, but get's it all backwards.

-Skip

You have little clue what you are talking about, aformerstudentbot™ (as usual). Do you know what a "wonk" is? Someone who thinks they know something, but get's it all backwards.

-Skip.
Beyond third degree burn:poke:

OH GOD NO!! NOT A TYPO!!!!

you keep reporting on the TOTAL revenue for their medical arm and TOTAL losses, which is NOT specific to Ross. I've already said their medical arm is doing well, but it isn't because of Ross, especially after they had to hemorrhage money to get everyone off the island this year.

I feel like you should apply to be one of their recruiters. You are really good at blowing smoke and changing the facts to fit your narrative.

aformerstudentbot™,

A few of the facts you have gotten wrong so far just on this thread:
  • "Ross DOES NOT own that property in Dominica": Ross owns 1/3 of the property in Dominica.
  • "you keep reporting on the TOTAL revenue for their medical arm...": The total revenue for the medical arm, which I do not "keep reporting", is over $802M and includes their operations in the U.S. The number I reported includes their training programs outside the U.S., of that Ross is responsible for the lion's share. Even then, you don't understand the terms. There is revenue and then there is operating costs. Anyway you slice it, the revenue is greater than the operating costs, which equates to profit - not "losing money for the company" as you so sophomorically phrase it it.
  • "... it isn't because of Ross, especially after they had to hemorrhage money to get everyone off the island this year": You, again, are confusing who paid for what and assuming a lot. The costs of relocation are not born by the school, except the evacuation (which I'm sure was insured and will likely be mostly covered), but by the individual students. Nonetheless, unless you work directly for Ross and are divulging proprietary corporate information which could affect their stock price (and, in that case, I suggest you stop), you have absolutely no clue what the cost was to Ross, how they are going to write it off, and what overall impact this will have on their bottom line. Why don't you know this? Because it hasn't been reported publicly yet. That makes everything you say nothing more than a guess.
I suggest you just stop before you continue to make yourself look more foolish. But, knowing you, you can't. So keep posting. I'll keep responding. That's how we do this, isn't it aformerstudentbot™?

-Skip

I dont know what/who aformerstudentbot is or why you keep saying that. Kinda makes you look like you have some sort of weird paranoid obsession with that person though.

they own 1/3 of the property. The ****ty part. The main part where campus buildings like library and anatomy lab are located are NOT owned by them. You keep saying Ross is the lions share of their medical arm, but it isn't. I hope when you are researching medical cases you do a better job than this.

And Ross DID hemorrhage millions this year. They covered 100% of the relocation costs. From getting students/faculty off the island to relocating ALL of them to the cruise ship and then to Tennessee. This isn't corporate secrets, they posted as much on their website...

Seriously, I don't understand why you are so insistent that everything is smooth sailing with Ross right now unless you are just so insecure about your own education that you would defend them despite looking like a fool.

The school suffered huge losses this year and the shareholders aren't going to just gloss over that. They aren't going back to Dominica any time soon and there are going to be major issues with accreditation and federal funding because of it. I've provided proof and anyone else that is capable of reading information and comprehending it will see that.

Ross has ALWAYS been a risky bet, but any one who chooses to go there at this point is digging their own grave...

I dont know what/who aformerstudentbot is or why you keep saying that.

You know precisely what I'm talking about. So does everyone else who has actively participated in this forum over the past several months.

they own 1/3 of the property. The ****ty part.

:rolleyes:

And Ross DID hemorrhage millions this year. They covered 100% of the relocation costs. From getting students/faculty off the island to relocating ALL of them to the cruise ship and then to Tennessee. This isn't corporate secrets, they posted as much on their website...

Okay. Fine. Post a link.

Seriously, I don't understand why you are so insistent that everything is smooth sailing with Ross right now...

Where did I ever say this?

.... unless you are just so insecure about your own education that you would defend them despite looking like a fool.

I'm a board-certified anesthesiologist in private practice for over 8 years making roughly $400k/year. I came, I saw, I conquered. But, I'm also not "defending" anything. I'm simply calling out a liar and would be bot-engine who is exercising an agenda against his/her own negative experience in the Caribbean.

The school suffered huge losses this year and the shareholders aren't going to just gloss over that.

You keep saying that. This is your opinion. And, it is clear to everyone else that you have a history of being incapable of discerning the difference between your opinion and what actually happens/happened.

They aren't going back to Dominica any time soon and there are going to be major issues with accreditation and federal funding because of it. I've provided proof and anyone else that is capable of reading information and comprehending it will see that.

You linked (well, actually I linked) one article. The rest is just you stating your mistaken beliefs, coupled with a misunderstanding of basic concepts, about what you think is happening. Again, you've provided nothing meaningful to any discussion. And, no, your conjecture is neither meaningful nor important. It is irrelevant.

Ross has ALWAYS been a risky bet, but any one who chooses to go there at this point is digging their own grave...

Opinion. Conjecture. Irrelevant.

-Skip

Last edited:
You're a board certified anesthesiologist that spends this much time on a carib med school forum, years (decades?) after you graduated? Yikes.

You're a board certified anesthesiologist that spends this much time on a carib med school forum, years (decades?) after you graduated? Yikes.

Ad hominem. You may not be a "Caribpro", but you are an pro at that tactic.

Let me explain to you why your wrong, in the meantime, about Ross Med "hemorrhaging" money. Their revenue was down 3% between 2016 and 2017, which they attribute to decreased enrollment largely offset by increased tuition. This has nothing to do with their profits.

Try to understand this example:
  • A company has $1,000,000 in revenue generated from their business.
  • To run that business, their operating costs are $200,000.
  • That means, their profit in that fiscal year is $800,000.
Let's say their revenues are down 3% that next year, but their operating costs remain fixed...
  • They now have generated $970,000 in revenue.
  • Their operating costs are still $200,000.
  • Their profit is still $770,000 for that year.
The company's revenues are down but they are still profitable. Making money. In the black. Etc.

This is the case for Adtalem. Until you understand this, along with ceasing to fabricate facts coupled with unsupported wild speculation (i.e., at least try source your opinions when challenged), there is no point it trying to have a meaningful discussion with you.

In the meantime, why do I continue come here? To offset the nonsense of people like yourself. A lot of people read these threads. And you are far from an expert, aformerstudentbot™. In the meantime, there are several tasks and requests above, namely sourcing your opinions, that remain outstanding.

Veni, vidi, vici.

-Skip

You keep trying to pass off numbers for the parent company and entire medical arm as numbers for Ross. Adtalem's profits are due to the entire company, not Ross. The numbers for the massive losses they just took are not publicly available so you can keep going, but you just look sad. really sad.

I mean it is just seriously so sad you spend this much time defending a school that probably doesn't even know who you are. Don't you have a life? A job? A family?

Unless and until Skip is somehow actually discredited, I'd take his word over the 27 flail post bot self designated subject matter expert who's been a member since, yep, Tuesday.

Pro.

The numbers for the massive losses they just took are not publicly available...

Then how do you know? Do you work for Adtalem?

I mean it is just seriously so sad you spend this much time defending a school that probably doesn't even know who you are. Don't you have a life? A job? A family?

Says the guy/gal who's here exercising some dubious and blanket anti-Caribbean agenda.

And, the answers to your questions are "yes", "yes", and "yes". What does that have to do with anything? And, how about yourself? I mean, aside from dropping/failing out of a Caribbean school that almost no one here would recommend attending in the first place, and then coming here to do nothing more than sow destruction. That makes you a loser, not a winner.

In the meantime, feel free to visit any other sub-forum on this website and try to rip on other attendings/achievers who post here trying to actually help people make one of the most difficult and treacherous decisions of their lives. You know, the ones who are equally "sad" and "don't have a life", some of whom have outposted me by at least a factor of 10.

Go ahead. See how far you get. I suggest you start with Dr. Mom or Winged Scapula.

You're a joke, aformerstudentbot™. And, sadly, you're the only one who doesn't seem to realize it.

-Skip

I did work for Adtalem as a consultant and my year of non disclosure (yes they make you sign a document that says you wont tell anyone just how much they are screwing kids over) finally ended. I'm not anti- carib, I'm anti-Ross.

and I went to a top 10 medical school in the US so....

I did work for Adtalem as a consultant and my year of non disclosure (yes they make you sign a document that says you wont tell anyone just how much they are screwing kids over) finally ended. I'm not anti- carib, I'm anti-Ross.

:rofl::lol:

I rest my case.

-skip

Princeton Medical School?

Well this escalated quite quickly. Decided to withdraw and see what's up by May. Too much risk for me right now.

You made the right choice. Honestly, my best advice is that you should reapply broadly to US MD and DO schools if your old mcat is still within 4 years. If not, retake it and reapply to us schools. If you dont want to retake it, look at other Carib schools.

You will still get similar scholarships at any of the Carib schools.

Both you and your fiance should seriously consider other options. Maybe that is looking at other -accredited- carib schools (if you got into ross you will get into any of the other ones) or maybe you work on imporving your apps so you can get into the US system. Either way, good luck!

You made the right choice. Honestly, my best advice is that you should reapply broadly to US MD and DO schools if your old mcat is still within 4 years. If not, retake it and reapply to us schools. If you dont want to retake it, look at other Carib schools.

You will still get similar scholarships at any of the Carib schools.

Both you and your fiance should seriously consider other options. Maybe that is looking at other -accredited- carib schools (if you got into ross you will get into any of the other ones) or maybe you work on imporving your apps so you can get into the US system. Either way, good luck!

Well Ross will be (accredited in) TN until the end of the year minimum, but what happens after that?? Will they make the students go back to the island? This uncertainty is making me weary and a bit nuts...also hearing more talk of the merger. I know it's been talked about as nauseum and no one really knows how it'll affect things, but more cause for concern as it approaches ?

Last edited:
Well Ross will be (accredited in) TN until the end of the year minimum, but what happens after that?? Will they make the students go back to the island? This uncertainty is making me weary and a bit nuts...also hearing more talk of the merger. I know it's been talked about as nauseum and no one really knows how it'll affect things, but more cause for concern as it approaches ?
From what I know, they can do either of these things:
1. They can file for extension to remain in Tennessee (If Dom campus isn’t built yet)
2. If Dom campus is rebuilt, they go back to the campus
3. Go back to the boat in St. Kitts
4. Establish themselves on another island
5. Lose accreditation and the ability to access federal loans for its students (very unlikely)

It’s most likely going to be either of the first two.

As for your merger question, Do your own research and think about how if will effect things. Based on what I’ve come up with, the only thing that will happen is some 2500-3000 DO positions will get added to the nrmp match, along with about the same number of DO applicants. It evens out in the end.

*oh and I advise not to ask CaribPro anything, the dude is a fearmonger and sometimes just sounds nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

They will not get an extension to stay in the US and they will not go back to the boat.

Hopefully they will go back to Dominica, but I have heard they are trying to establish the ability to move MD program to St. Kitts if the situation in Dominica doesn't improve significantly and quickly.

You should be very concerned about your future at Ross. You should avoid the program and school at all costs. If a school cannot tell you exactly when and where you are going to be studying, then you would be a fool to sign up for their program.

As far as the merger goes, I wouldn't worry. This was the best year in the match ever for IMGs. There is a need for Carib trained docs and that need isn't going to go away.

You should be very concerned about your future at Ross. You should avoid the program and school at all costs. If a school cannot tell you exactly when and where you are going to be studying, then you would be a fool to sign up for their program.

:rolleyes:

More importantly, you should be very careful about taking advice from any complete stranger on an anonymous Internet forum. Need more convincing? Just start back at the beginning of this very thread and read it all the way through.

Other Carib schools have successfully gone through relocation issues. Ross has graduated more doctors practicing in the U.S. than even many U.S. medical schools.

Stick to facts. Not to scaremongering conjecture.

-Skip

To be honest, what I think you should do is apply to US DO or MD schools. You are very competitive for both of them. If your mcat is too old, retake it and aim for 505+ and youll pretty much get interviews at every DO you apply to, and some MDs. No reason to go to the caribbean if you're competitive for the states.

To be honest, what I think you should do is apply to US DO or MD schools. You are very competitive for both of them. If your mcat is too old, retake it and aim for 505+ and youll pretty much get interviews at every DO you apply to, and some MDs. No reason to go to the caribbean if you're competitive for the states.

Signed up for June mcat. Will be working on my apps while studying for the exam. Giving it another shot to stay in the states. Thanks!

Just got my mcat score back- 513!!!!

I already put previous matriculation at Ross in my app and was thinking of using my past experience at a med school for secondaries-showing I got a taste of the sacrifice, lifestyle, etc.

Any take on this?

Reactions: 1 users
So for those interested, a friend of mine sent me an article from a Dominican news site stating that ross was in negotiations with Barbados, Dominica and St. Lucia for relocation. With Barbados being the likely option, I have no way of knowing if any of this is true, but I have watched overhead drone videos of the rebuild process in Dominca and its slow to say the least.

So for those interested, a friend of mine sent me an article from a Dominican news site stating that ross was in negotiations with Barbados, Dominica and St. Lucia for relocation. With Barbados being the likely option, I have no way of knowing if any of this is true, but I have watched overhead drone videos of the rebuild process in Dominca and its slow to say the least.
This is interesting, I’ve seen some videos of Dominicans saying the same stuff about Barbados. Apparently a meeting with the Prime minister of Dominica didn’t go well and Ross is also considering other places. These are all rumors btw. I do wonder If the school does decide to make a permanent move to Barbados or wherever how that would work with infrastructure and accreditation of the school...

Just got my mcat score back- 513!!!!

I already put previous matriculation at Ross in my app and was thinking of using my past experience at a med school for secondaries-showing I got a taste of the sacrifice, lifestyle, etc.

Any take on this?
Why would you do this???????

"RUSM’s operation in Tennessee and its Satellite Campus in St. Kitts are both temporary arrangements and unconfirmed reports have surfaced that Barbados and St. Lucia have been wooing Ross to move its operation to these countries with Barbados being cited as the probable choice."

Dominica News Online

-Skip

This is interesting, I’ve seen some videos of Dominicans saying the same stuff about Barbados. Apparently a meeting with the Prime minister of Dominica didn’t go well and Ross is also considering other places. These are all rumors btw. I do wonder If the school does decide to make a permanent move to Barbados or wherever how that would work with infrastructure and accreditation of the school...

For whatever its worth, wherever Ross ends up, has been said will be their final and permanent location moving forward.