Conversation with Management and Coworkers about my transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthSide1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be transferring jobs (for better pay, hours, and location closer to family) within the same hospital system to another hospital in another state. To my knowledge management and coworkers have no clue that I am even leaving. I just started my current job 6 months ago, so I am guessing they will be upset with me leaving so soon.

How do I announce I am transferring? Has anyone made an announcement like this, how did it go?
Should I state it to everyone at a staff meeting?
Or should I let it grow organically tell some coworkers bit by bit and schedule a meeting with only my manager to announce my transfer?
I was thinking about telling them 4 weeks before I officially leave.

Members don't see this ad.

If you’ve already got the offer and you are leaving for sure, then just tell your manager/director your last day... really not that complicated.

Reactions: 1 user
If you’ve already got the offer and you are leaving for sure, then just tell your manager/director your last day... really not that complicated.

If it's the same system, would the DoP not already know? Seems weird

If it's the same organization, you current boss sometimes has the power to prevent you from leaving. Thread carefully.