Convert from Spectacle RX to Contact Lens RX

Started by plumber007
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plumber007

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to convert the following from spectacles RX to contact RX.
OD:- Sphere -2.75 Cylinder -3.00 Axis 7
OS:- Sphere -5.00 Cylinder -1.00 Axis 172

Is it ok to assume 172 as 170 and 7 as 10? Also I am confused if I should deduct 0.5 or 0.25 from -5. What would be the lens prescription? Thanks in advance
 
I'd probably start with,

pl-2.00X180
pl-4.00X180

That said, the left eye has more cyl. than any non-custom soft toric contact lens of which I know can correct. I thus may consider a rigid lens — at least for the left eye — instead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to convert the following from spectacles RX to contact RX.
OD:- Sphere -2.75 Cylinder -3.00 Axis 7
OS:- Sphere -5.00 Cylinder -1.00 Axis 172

Is it ok to assume 172 as 170 and 7 as 10? Also I am confused if I should deduct 0.5 or 0.25 from -5. What would be the lens prescription? Thanks in advance

Approximatly -2.75 - 2.50 axis 7 for the right eye and -4.75 -0.75 axis 172 in the left.
 
I think you misread the question. the response you gave is not matching up.

Whoops. I read the beginning of the prescription, and thought the poster wrote "sphere" in place of "plano," by accident. 😳
 
[If you are asking if those 2 degrees are important on the axis, the answer is yes! I'll explain why degrees are so important:

At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. #EveryDegreeMatters
 
[If you are asking if those 2 degrees are important on the axis, the answer is yes! I'll explain why degrees are so important:

At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. #EveryDegreeMatters

😕