Converting Littmann's tunable diaphragm to non-tunable

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pierat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all - has anyone converted their tunable diaphragm on the Littmann to a non-tunable one? I'm thinking of removing the tunable diaphragm on the Cardiology III and replacing it with this non-tunable diaphragm (designed for the Cardiology II) but I'm not sure if it would fit, or even possible in the first place. The plan is to have a traditional diaphragm/bell setup (a la Cardiology II) by converting the paediatric side chestpiece to a bell and have an adult non-tunable diaphragm on the other side.

Any tips/feedback appreciated! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all - has anyone converted their tunable diaphragm on the Littmann to a non-tunable one? I'm thinking of removing the tunable diaphragm on the Cardiology III and replacing it with this non-tunable diaphragm (designed for the Cardiology II) but I'm not sure if it would fit, or even possible in the first place. The plan is to have a traditional diaphragm/bell setup (a la Cardiology II) by converting the paediatric side chestpiece to a bell and have an adult non-tunable diaphragm on the other side.

Any tips/feedback appreciated! :thumbup:

the actual head of the littmann cardiology III stethoscope has an extra rim underneath the diaphragm so when you apply pressure with the tunable diaphragm, there is point of contact for it. This unfortunately does not allow for the cardiology II stethoscope diaphragm to fit easily. I have a blue cardiology II with no accessories but the stethoscope itself. The tubing is very pliable, the bell sleeve is in perfect shape. I just put new soft ear pieces on it. If you are interested in it, PM me and I can send you pictures and whatnot...

Reactions: 1 user