cool link- www.optocase.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmarkalbert

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a cool link to pass along if anyone is interested in finding a quick way to get CE credits- stumbled across a website called optocase (www.optocase.com) which allows users to do online learning modules related to specific eye diseases. Takes limited time and one gets 2 hours of credit per case, which is apparently equivalent to conference credits (they are COPE approved). They have a few free cases if you register and others available for a small fee too. Hard to believe these are equivalent to conference credits...

All the best,
Mark

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

Just a cool link to pass along if anyone is interested in finding a quick way to get CE credits- stumbled across a website called optocase (www.optocase.com) which allows users to do online learning modules related to specific eye diseases. Takes limited time and one gets 2 hours of credit per case, which is apparently equivalent to conference credits (they are COPE approved). They have a few free cases if you register and others available for a small fee too. Hard to believe these are equivalent to conference credits...

All the best,
Mark

Since MD's/OMD's are opposed to optometric expansion, do you still support optocase, since it is created by a bunch of MDs and OMDs. There is not one OD listed on their site.

Just curious.

well true that in general most ophthalmologists in the US and Canada are opposed to recent expansions of optometric practice, however it shouldn't be viewed as bad thing for this group to be making modules for optometrists. If a group of optometrists made such a website (which seems to focus on more medical diseases) it would create far more of a political stir. It would be nice though if they had optometrists on their editor panel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since MD's/OMD's are opposed to optometric expansion, do you still support optocase, since it is created by a bunch of MDs and OMDs. There is not one OD listed on their site.

Just curious.

MDs wouldn't know much anything about eye disease. At least, in general, not enough to come close to making that site. The authors of optocase are OMD's or residents.

That site is nice but take a look at this site on what is currently taught in optometry school: http://www.theoptometricproceduresinstitute.com/[OD]On-Demand/HOME.html

The site creator is an ophthalmologist, not sure to what extent those procedures are taught in OD school.

OMDs are MDs.

I know that. When you said: "...do you still support optocase, since it is created by a bunch of MDs and OMDs" it sounded like you were referring to the authors as being non-ophthalmologists as well. All of the authors specialized in ophthalmology. That was the aim of my clarification.

Hi all,

All the best,
Mark

Thanks for the site, I find it very interesting. This can also be a great way to study for part II of NBEO and even part I.

I know that. When you said: "...do you still support optocase, since it is created by a bunch of MDs and OMDs" it sounded like you were referring to the authors as being non-ophthalmologists as well. All of the authors specialized in ophthalmology. That was the aim of my clarification.

Ah. :laugh: