Cool Pathology-Related Song?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Euchromatin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As part of my medical school's yearly Lampoon (event with lots of humorous videos and skits made by students), we are making a video featuring the graduating class. It will show groups of students that are going into a particular specialty field dancing to a song of their choice in a part of the hospital related to that field. We have been encouraged to choose songs that are somehow related to our specialty.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for songs that are in some way pathology-related that would be amusing, cool, or otherwise filled with awesomeness?

I know of a few death/gore/grind metal groups (i.e. Pathology, The County Medical Examiners), but I was looking for a song that might be more familiar to the audience (and not screaming death metal). I know this is a weird request, so thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out here.

Members don't see this ad.

we used to have a similar thing in our pathology dept where we made a video. for one of the skits i used "Pieces of Me" by Ashley Simpson (please don't judge:rolleyes:) and "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin. Get it? Har de har har...

As part of my medical school's yearly Lampoon (event with lots of humorous videos and skits made by students), we are making a video featuring the graduating class. It will show groups of students that are going into a particular specialty field dancing to a song of their choice in a part of the hospital related to that field. We have been encouraged to choose songs that are somehow related to our specialty.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for songs that are in some way pathology-related that would be amusing, cool, or otherwise filled with awesomeness?

I know of a few death/gore/grind metal groups (i.e. Pathology, The County Medical Examiners), but I was looking for a song that might be more familiar to the audience (and not screaming death metal). I know this is a weird request, so thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out here.

I couldn't believe that there are really rock bands named The County Medical Examiners so I read about them on Wiki. Unbelievable. I also couldn't believe that their first singer left the band to pursue medical school. I wonder if she was the goth rocker I met who was doing a Forensics Fellowship. It is one thing to be a goth rocker. It is another thing to be into pathology and forensics, but it is totally wrong to be a goth rocker doing forensics. But what else is pierced tattooed social misfit supposed to do in medicine other than be stowed away in morgue underground? I guess she could have also done primary care in the inner city or something like that.

Last edited: