Cool Website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajad10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
www.or-live.com

cool website. i discovered it when the hospital I work at did their first broadcast. could be helpful in med school

Members don't see this ad.

taylormade44 said:
lol i posted the exact same post a while ago, it got 2 replies and sunk very quickly :(

well then i guess me and you can enjoy it alone ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
rajad10 said:
well then i guess me and you can enjoy it alone ;)

haha, more bandwidth for us

the partial brain lobotomy is pretty sweet, especially the drilling through the head

ive made a few classmates sick with that video lol - even premeds!

That IS a cool website. :thumbup:

Can I put that I watched this on my AMCAS work/experience? :D

wait...let me get this straight: it's live surgeries when you go to the site at that time??? that's freakin sweet!!

That website is really cool. I was stuck in bed for a couple weeks a few years ago (recovering from my own surgery) and I got completely addicted to watching surgery shows on the discovery heath channel. But that website is way better, thanks!

OR-Live has a podcast too! For all of us iPod addicts. :thumbup:

Just checked it out. It's awesome. Thanks for posting this!

It seems to get mentioned a lot in the surgery forums and stuff. I really love the MIT open courseware site.....Not cool stuff like surgeries but for a geek like me it is great to have access to MIT notes, lectures, and all that sweet stuff.

yea its incredible...and some of the surgeons explain things in a very very elementary manner as they perform the surgery so its very easy to understand

rajad10 said:
yea its incredible...and some of the surgeons explain things in a very very elementary manner as they perform the surgery so its very easy to understand

If you actually catch a live surgery instead of watching the archives you can instant message/email the doctors in the OR and they will answer your question live on the air

taylormade44 said:
If you actually catch a live surgery instead of watching the archives you can instant message/email the doctors in the OR and they will answer your question live on the air

Yeah, that's awesome. I just watched one live the other day, and they answered all my questions.