Coolest thing you did/saw this week.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, I get to box in the same gym as the U.S.' only medalist in beijing. Every week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a good date. :thumbup: :D

Today-I saw someone with the Conversion Disorder. Very strange symptoms. This woman has suddenly become deaf and within a week her speech deteriorated to what is termed " deaf speech" (which usually takes a long time to develop). Could hardly understand her.

Also saw a patient with a agressive (aka BIG) but benign bony growth on her skull. It was a pretty cool image on the MRI as well!

Last edited:
I saw a friend I used to play football with get arrested for 2nd degree burglary and an outstanding warrant at 2 o'clock in the morning- way to knock a couple of years of freedom off your life :(

-Ok the second thing isn't medicine related but still cool-I was less than 5 feet away from a hawk that just caught a squirrel. I actually saw him land with it in his claws and just sit there. That bird was HUGE. Poor squirrel...not fun being a part of RAW nature.

My hubby just saw a a hawk do this with an opossum!

Last edited:
I guess it was not so cool for that poor lady...
No, she looked pretty frightened. According to her husband she didn't even know her speech was any different.
Good news is that if it is indeed Conversion disorder-it probably is temporary and treatable with therapy.

Not that im AGAINST animal testing... but how the f**k is that cool? One swift injection to the heart would have ended it. I mean, I've gotten a "oh, thats cool" moment when i've euthed animals ive never euthed before, but to dissect a living animal??? Have some respect for the animals you're experimenting on!!! And even if a heart shot would have ruined your reseach, you still could have gone for the liver.

Dissection on a living animal...what do you think surgery is?

Dissection on a living animal...what do you think surgery is?
I think surgery is a little different.. the primary purpose of surgery is to keep someone ALIVE- but I kinda get your generalization ;)