Coordinating Interviews - Possibility or Luck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EpiII

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at UCLA and live about 5.5 - 6 hours away by car. I know that it is at least as likely not to receive an interview from UCI or USC as to get one from them as well, but assuming I am fortunate enough to get one from them as well, is it possible to call them up and try to coordinate the interview days back to back, etc?

I have read on other threads that people have 3 interviews in 3 days, or take a trip back east, etc. Was this more coincidence or ... Did you have to postpone the first school that notified you of an interview and wait for others and then schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools may be willing to help you out if you're flying across the country to interview. Not so sure they'd be as helpful if you live in the same state. It's probably worth a call anyway though.

What most people seem to do is wait until they get an interview at one school that's far away, then call others in the same area and say something like, "If the admissions committee would like to see me, I'll be in the area (dates) and it would be extremely helpful to interview at that time if at all possible."

Good luck! :)