copying and pasting into AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm so used to doing all my writing in MS word, but i heard it was not recommended to copy and paste from word into amcas?

so should i copy and paste from word, into notepad, and then amcas?

or just retype my essay/responses into notepad?

any tips on what you guys used for the best formatting would be appreciated. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

i'm so used to doing all my writing in MS word, but i heard it was not recommended to copy and paste from word into amcas?

so should i copy and paste from word, into notepad, and then amcas?

or just retype my essay/responses into notepad?

any tips on what you guys used for the best formatting would be appreciated. :luck:

Retype directly into the box. And then take what you wrote on your AMCAS app and copy and paste it back into word to check for spelling mistakes.

Retype directly into the box. And then take what you wrote on your AMCAS app and copy and paste it back into word to check for spelling mistakes.

great idea thanks :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I just copied from Word to Notepad then to AMCAS as you suggested yourself. If you then go to "Print Application" you can get a PDF of what the app will look like. Look over this for any formatting errors and fix as needed. Also, you can print out the app if you really want to be sure and check from there. As long as it looks ok like that, I'm pretty sure it will look ok for the reviewer and adcoms.

I copied from word (in plain text) right into the box. I had to go back and fix a dash, but other than that it worked great

copy pasting from word into the AMCAS text box may mess up apostrophes, dashes, and other punctuation marks. so instead of sitting and retyping into the application, copy paste and read it over carefully in the text box for formatting errors.

personally, i found zero mistakes. i even "printed the application" before submitting to check the formatting there and no changes. whoever suggested retyping into the text box has to be the most inefficient worker ever. why would you do that?

copy pasting from word into the AMCAS text box may mess up apostrophes, dashes, and other punctuation marks. so instead of sitting and retyping into the application, copy paste and read it over carefully in the text box for formatting errors.

personally, i found zero mistakes. i even "printed the application" before submitting to check the formatting there and no changes. whoever suggested retyping into the text box has to be the most inefficient worker ever. why would you do that?

I had two pre-med advisors tell me to do that, plus a family member who's on an adcom. I thought it would be prudent to listen to their advice, and it didn't take me that long.

I had two pre-med advisors tell me to do that, plus a family member who's on an adcom. I thought it would be prudent to listen to their advice, and it didn't take me that long.

touche then. whatever works i guess.