Step I Core Rotations prior to Step 1: Useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bearintraining

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

I have the option to complete some of my 3rd year clinical core rotations prior to step 1, and I was wondering whether people thought it would be helpful at all. Either way, I would have up to 8 weeks dedicated time.

Option 1:
Step 1 after 2nd year

Option 2:
Step 1 after Neuro & Psych clinical core

Option 3:
Step 1 after outpatient IM and Neuro & Psych cores.

Thoughts?
 
bump... anyone? There must be some folks that have written step1 after third year or during...
I didnt take it after clinicals but i can tell you (if you dont already know) that supposedly the "data" shows students do better after clerkship year.
If you feel ready for the exam then you should probably take it as soon as possible.