Step I corneal transplantation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jonathan13180

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took NBME test 5, and one of the questions on the test said some paitient had a corneal transplant, and one of his symptoms was a myoclonic jerk...i cant really remember what else the problem said. I thought the answer was that the patient had a seizure, but im not sure...anyone remember this problem, and if so, whats the answer?

Im a week out from d-day and it is not looking good. best of luck to all of you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BTW,
CJD, rabies virus, and HBV transmission have all been documented in corneal transplants.

Med micro/immuno by Levinson only mentions cjd and rabies.
 
I think CMMRS mentioned CJD for corneal transplants, but man I sure thought that was a low yield factoid when I read it!