Cornell Admissions Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MGoBlue13

Grizzled Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many people Cornell interviews, and how many of these students are accepted? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

6-800 interviews out of 6,000 applicants. I think the entering class size is around 100.

I'm not sure if this is related to to topic but does anyone know if going to cornell undergrad gives you any type of advantage when applying to cornell med?

Cornell Med is my dream school beyond all dream schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe you guys are guarenteed an interview there. this, of course, could be completely false, but i've heard it enough times so i believe it. anyone else?

Fall 2001 Admissions Statistics

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 5,766 748 216 101
In state: 1,170 178 71 45
Out of state: 4,596 570 145 56
Women: 2,734 381 120 49
Minorities: 2,676 573 119 49
International: 211 7 2 0

i heard that too that cornell undergrads have a guaranteed interview.

that's pretty cool.

that statement about cornell interviewing was made in the princeton review guide to med school book. i've been lead to believe thats not the truth

I've been told by a number of Cornell undergrads that the policy of interviewing all undergrads at the med school stopped 2 years ago.

Originally posted by jot
i believe you guys are guarenteed an interview there. this, of course, could be completely false, but i've heard it enough times so i believe it. anyone else?

Jot I've told you this before, I swear I have: Cornell does not offer interviews to all their own undergrads- not even the decently competitive ones.

you're completley right! i remember you saying this now. hmm ... perhaps its time for me to stop propogating this ...:)

jot, great perpertrator of lies and slander of SDN, we'd appreciate the cessation of your trolling on these boards :p

So what's the news on cornel? I turned in my secondary august 20th and haven't heard anything. Anyone else?

Originally posted by kreno
So what's the news on cornel? I turned in my secondary august 20th and haven't heard anything. Anyone else?

i have an interview at cornell next week, but i submitted all my stuff WAAAY back in july. dont worry, they're NOT on rolling admit, they dont decide their class till march