Cornell interview offer/rejection....not sure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I checked my Cornell status page yesterday and this was on it:

An admissions decision has been mailed to you. Please contact us if you have not received it within two weeks.

I've gotten tired of parsing these two sentences to figure out what they mean and thought I'd ask you guys because I can't bear to wait eons for snail mail, especially about something this important. Anybody know anything? I'm pretty pessimistic because I just got rejected by UChicago.

Members don't see this ad.

I checked my Cornell status page yesterday and this was on it:

An admissions decision has been mailed to you. Please contact us if you have not received it within two weeks.

I've gotten tired of parsing these two sentences to figure out what they mean and thought I'd ask you guys because I can't bear to wait eons for snail mail, especially about something this important. Anybody know anything? I'm pretty pessimistic because I just got rejected by UChicago.

i got that same message. i'm pretty sure it's a rejection because i don't think interview invitations are mailed out by them. sorry dude. i guess i'll find out too once i the mail gets to me.

i got that same message. i'm pretty sure it's a rejection because i don't think interview invitations are mailed out by them. sorry dude. i guess i'll find out too once i the mail gets to me.

got the same thing. pretty sure it's a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna call the admissions office and just ask them what it means. Since all these schools start sobbing if you call about your status, I'm simply going to ask if they send out interview invitations by mail or email. If they're sent by email, I don't think we need to wait for the letter. This process sucks. I still haven't heard anything from like 10 schools. I don't think that's a good sign either.

my status page says the same, and I was accepted. I hope this is true for you all as well

I'm gonna call the admissions office and just ask them what it means. Since all these schools start sobbing if you call about your status, I'm simply going to ask if they send out interview invitations by mail or email. If they're sent by email, I don't think we need to wait for the letter. This process sucks. I still haven't heard anything from like 10 schools. I don't think that's a good sign either.

update us after :cool:

my status page says the same, and I was accepted. I hope this is true for you all as well

oh man hope the rest of you are as lucky as this one

God... I'd wish mine would change and finally say something different... ANYTHING... but "please be patient. This is a long process". Just reject me already and get it over with. :rolleyes: :cool:

:luck: to everyone though.

God... I'd wish mine would change and finally say something different... ANYTHING... but "please be patient. This is a long process". Just reject me already and get it over with. :rolleyes: :cool:

:luck: to everyone though.

ROFL prEACHING TO THE CHOIR

well, seeing as how i haven't interviewed there, i'm assuming my message is referring to a rejection.

congrats on your acceptance though. heard many great things about weill.

well, seeing as how i haven't interviewed there, i'm assuming my message is referring to a rejection.

congrats on your acceptance though. heard many great things about weill.

I prefer to think of it as an instant acceptance. :D

Sadly, it's on my page as well.

Yeah, when I got the interview invite it said so on the status page...

hey all.
in case this helps.. interview invites are sent via email. as soon as you get an email, your status page should say something like "please call the admissions office to schedule an interview."

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
"Your application is complete and under evaluation. It is a long process. Please be patient."

I turned everything in in AUGUST and have been complete since SEPTEMBER!!!!

Sighhhhhhh... this process all in all SUCKS! :(

for those who received the change in message when were you guys complete?

If you have had an interview there, it is either most likely. If you have not interviewed yet the only way an admissions decision could have been made is a rejection, unfortunately. At least that is my take on it.

I was complete 9/18, just got the message today.:thumbdown:

for those who received the change in message when were you guys complete?

can anyone post the link to the status page? seem to have lost it. thanks

"Your application is complete and under evaluation. It is a long process. Please be patient."

I turned everything in in AUGUST and have been complete since SEPTEMBER!!!!

Sighhhhhhh... this process all in all SUCKS! :(

Hm...I was complete 10/16. It had that "please be patient" message until now. Currently my status page says:
"Your Application has successfully been submitted and is under review by our admissions staff".
What's up with that???

Argh, got the "An admissions decision has been mailed to you. Please contact us if you have not received it within two weeks." message... Bah, well I guess Cornell was a stretch anyway. So here's to my first rejection.

Argh, got the "An admissions decision has been mailed to you. Please contact us if you have not received it within two weeks." message... Bah, well I guess Cornell was a stretch anyway. So here's to my first rejection.

Same. Dang it, I held out hope for as long as I could. At least now I can have peace.

I thought Cornell doesn't start sending out acceptances until March? At least I could have sworn that was what the dean said when I went there. It might have just been wishful thinking - or confusing it with Columbia.

got the "mail" message online too, complete late sept. another rejection! :(

I thought Cornell doesn't start sending out acceptances until March? At least I could have sworn that was what the dean said when I went there. It might have just been wishful thinking - or confusing it with Columbia.

I guess sending out rejections now that they would otherwise sit on until March is more humane.

And I am, for the record, still supposed to remain patient, as this is a long process. (Was complete mid Oct if memory serves)

Sorry for the somewhat confusing status pages guys. I was complete in early August and am still getting the "please be patient" message. I'm not sure what that means. The one sucky thing about being in New York and having all of my top choice schools in New York is that I can't call and say that I'll be in the area for an interview :) . Maybe they want to save me for a last minute fill-in interview in case someone cancels or something like that.

Why do they have to be so cruel and leave ambiguous messages on their status page? I really don't see the point of the status page telling us that they decided, put it on a piece of paper, mailed it out and we're supposed to wait for it.

I just have the humdrum:

Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then.

so, in the meantime, i'm perfecting the twiddling of thumbs.

First off, i am drunk.

I think this usually means you have been either waitlisted or rejected (hopefuillytyy waitlisted). The status page according to past Weill students, changes to an interview page.

HOooooray i love alcohol it makes me feel goo and fufgettt about this process wheee hooray for jager

Anyone who recieved this message get their mailed decision yet? I want confirmation!

~Silk and Steel

First off, i am drunk.

I think this usually means you have been either waitlisted or rejected (hopefuillytyy waitlisted). The status page according to past Weill students, changes to an interview page.

HOooooray i love alcohol it makes me feel goo and fufgettt about this process wheee hooray for jager

Written like a true fellow ZooMasser... Well done my friend and best of luck

Anyone know whether Cornell has some sort of hold category for interviews? I have been complete since August, but haven't had any change on my status page besides the "you are complete and under review."

I got this message (pre-interview):

...and received a snail mail rejection today.

First off, i am drunk.

There's a pre-interview waitlist/hold? How does that work?

~Silk and Steel

Hey, I got that message as well and am completely anticipating a rejection. Has anybody applied to UPenn and gotten "an interview decision has been deferred" message on their application status page? I guess this shouldn't matter after being accepted somewhere, but I'd still like to compare "financial aid" packages at the end of it all...

Hey, I got that message as well and am completely anticipating a rejection. Has anybody applied to UPenn and gotten "an interview decision has been deferred" message on their application status page? I guess this shouldn't matter after being accepted somewhere, but I'd still like to compare "financial aid" packages at the end of it all...

Yah...same thing on my UPenn status =(

I think whether it matters or not depends on where you got in already.

Yup I have the same Penn status. A bunch of people do; it was mentioned on a thread a while back. As for the Cornell thing, I had no idea that they sent out decisions at different times, especially for pre-interview. I would have expected everything to come out at once. Does anyone know when they are done interviewing/inviting people to interview? Thanks.

Does anyone know what decision was mailed out??? Interview or Rejection???? My status page stills says "Your application is complete and under evaluation. It is a long process. Please be patient. " I was complete on the 27th September.

I'm pretty sure they only mailed rejections, since they have been only sending interview invites via email so it would be illogical for them to change that. I'm kinda in the same situation as you- still being considered for interview- what do you make of the fact that people that were complete after us have been rejected but our status has not changed?

I'm pretty sure they only mailed rejections, since they have been only sending interview invites via email so it would be illogical for them to change that. I'm kinda in the same situation as you- still being considered for interview- what do you make of the fact that people that were complete after us have been rejected but our status has not changed?

That their process sucks? :confused:

I can't quite understand. If it were earlier in the process, I'd say that maybe we were borderline or something and that they were just holding off until all of the applications were in so they could compare us. I guess it's possible that there are just a ton of applications to sort through, although I can't see how that explains why they are still waiting on telling people anything who were complete in August and September.

Just curious...for those of you whose status remains the same, do you happen to be in NY or close?

Does anyone know what decision was mailed out??? Interview or Rejection???? My status page stills says "Your application is complete and under evaluation. It is a long process. Please be patient. " I was complete on the 27th September.

Mine was a nicely put rejection. I was complete as soon as August MCAT scores were loaded (with my app in mid-September).

Just curious...for those of you whose status remains the same, do you happen to be in NY or close?

My Cornell Status has never changed (I still have the "be patient" message) and I live in NYC. Am I crazy to still hope that Cornell will show me some love eventhough I've been complete there since October? I hope not!

my cornell status changed about 2 weeks ago and voila
rejection letter today
tada!

My Cornell Status has never changed (I still have the "be patient" message) and I live in NYC. Am I crazy to still hope that Cornell will show me some love eventhough I've been complete there since October? I hope not!

same message since august. i live in nyc.

Same message and I live in Texas. Been complete since Oct.

I've been complete since September. My status page keeps telling me to be patient. I'm sick of checking that status page. Maybe I would be patient if good news was coming.

Anyway...I think it sucks that you can be one of the first people complete and have to wait the longest. Same deal with Northwestern. I called them a few weeks ago and the admissions person said "Oh I don't know why your application hasn't been reviewed. That is weird. I'll forward a copy of it to the dean". Thanks for losing my application. You didn't seem to lose my application fee though.