-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell letter..
Started by Jessie12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yup, me too. I just posted on the rejection thread under Weill Cornell. I thought they didn't reject anyone until March.
i've been complete since mid july. (!!) but my status didn't change, so i guess there's still hope?? i really don't understand this process...
i've been complete since mid july. (!!) but my status didn't change, so i guess there's still hope?? i really don't understand this process...
same here. complete mid july. no change.
it's coming, don't worrysame here. complete mid july. no change.
It's by e-mail
Where do you check your cornell status? Thanks
Weill Cornell status check--> http://s005.med.cornell.edu/osafstat...cts/osafstatus
ouch..
well, i guess someone that got an invite from Cornell can verify whether they received it via email or snail mail?
Interview invites come via email.
Just checked my status, and it says that my decision has been mailed out too. Oh well, can't hurt to dream, haha. 🙁 Now I'm starting to think my Columbia interview invite was a fluke...
I'm just curious.. Did you email Cornell to let them know you'd be in the area when you received your Columbia invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious.. Did you email Cornell to let them know you'd be in the area when you received your Columbia invite?
Yup, but that date came and went (I literally got the invite 10 days before the interview date). I sent out an email the minute I got the date for my AECOM interview (which I received only several days ago, as they don't have a convenient phone/online instant appointment-making service), but apparently it never got read...which makes me sad because now I'm left wondering if that would have made any difference.
No, I just checked my status and it also says that they sent me a letter. 🙁 I thought that their admissions were non-rolling. They really dislike us that much to tell us now?
They are non-rolling, but their deadline just finished, and that means they've started sending out rejections and acceptances I guess. I do know that people have already interviewed, so interviews might be rolling, but decisions are not. Good luck everyone. I'm checking my status now...
EDIT: My status in unchanged it seems...still says 'under evaluation', I have not been offered an interview...and I'm not holding my breath, lol.
WTF
Did you photoshop that? There is no way that Tylenol equates rejection with the sniffles.... right? I mean, Cold and Cornell both have C's, but that's about it...
I dunno, I imagine it probably got read and they had already reached a decision on your application. I sent an email at like 1am a few days after Thanksgiving and got an invitation to interview the same/next day. My date was also <2 weeks away.Yup, but that date came and went (I literally got the invite 10 days before the interview date). I sent out an email the minute I got the date for my AECOM interview (which I received only several days ago, as they don't have a convenient phone/online instant appointment-making service), but apparently it never got read...which makes me sad because now I'm left wondering if that would have made any difference.
Man that demon face is freaky. I don't know about Tylenol Cold. Tylenol 3, however, works for most schools, regardless of tier/ranking.
Well, I still have no change in my status, fwiw.
this is how they rejected people last year.
Complete since 7/24 and my status page still says "under review." I suppose that means I'm on pre-interview hold given that rejections have started going out. I'm tickled that they didn't reject me outright, but I'm absolutely not holding my breath for even a second. I don't think I'd be able to swing four years in NYC anwyay. Too expensive and probably not doable with a dog. But still, it's Cornell! G'luck to the rest of you waiting! I'll definitely get a vicarious thrill if someone complete in July or August gets an invite. 🙂
if it helps at all, i was complete in the beginning of august and just got invited in the middle of nov. after sending them an email letting them know i'd be in NY. I think i was on a sort of pre-interview hold as well, but that made them look at me again faster.Complete since 7/24 and my status page still says "under review." I suppose that means I'm on pre-interview hold given that rejections have started going out. I'm tickled that they didn't reject me outright, but I'm absolutely not holding my breath for even a second. I don't think I'd be able to swing four years in NYC anwyay. Too expensive and probably not doable with a dog. But still, it's Cornell! G'luck to the rest of you waiting! I'll definitely get a vicarious thrill if someone complete in July or August gets an invite. 🙂
Complete since 7/24 and my status page still says "under review." I suppose that means I'm on pre-interview hold given that rejections have started going out. I'm tickled that they didn't reject me outright, but I'm absolutely not holding my breath for even a second. I don't think I'd be able to swing four years in NYC anwyay. Too expensive and probably not doable with a dog. But still, it's Cornell! G'luck to the rest of you waiting! I'll definitely get a vicarious thrill if someone complete in July or August gets an invite. 🙂
Actually I grew up like a block from Cornell med and that neighborhood has like a million dogs. In fact, we had two golden retrievers and a black lab. Trust me, you would love the city so good luck at Cornell
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually I grew up like a block from Cornell med and that neighborhood has like a million dogs. In fact, we had two golden retrievers and a black lab. Trust me, you would love the city so good luck at Cornell
Heh! Thanks for the encouragement, but I lived in NYC for three years myself, and I'm well aware of how amazingly dog-friendly NYC is. I just figured that Cornell has some kind of dorms or subsidized housing, but that it wouldn't be available to students with dogs, and thus financially ridiculous to live in NYC for med school. I know what it costs to rent in the free market in NYC....
And aaj117 - thanks for the good news and congrats!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 569
