Cornell Qatar admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, it's official. I was rejected! But I refuse to let this stop me from pursuing my dreams of becoming a doctor. I sincerely and truly wish you the best Yhs10! Inshaallah (God Willing) victory will be yours.

Members don't see this ad.

Yhs10, yes, I've wanted to be a doctor for as along as I can remember, but circumstances didn't allow me, so I took another career path and became a teacher. I already have my Bachelors and Masters degrees. For me, it's about time that I go for what I want.

I'm really sorry about that PCBY. I admire your spirit and admire your determination. I hope you achieve your goal, keep trying and may Allah help you in becoming a very successful doctor very soon.
All the best :)
May allah bless your life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ameen. Yhs10, thank you so much for the dua! Kindly let me know the final verdict!

I got rejected /= alhamdolelah.
Allah chooses the best for everybody :)

After moving on and forgetting about the stupid "reject" word on my application, i have decided to reapply next year. I will retake SAT's, work harder, improve my application, and hopefully I will get accepted next year. If Adison tried a thousand time then it won't hurt me to try twice, Cornell has been my dream since as long as I can remember and I simply won't leave my dream and regret not trying again in the future.

After moving on and forgetting about the stupid "reject" word on my application, i have decided to reapply next year. I will retake SAT's, work harder, improve my application, and hopefully I will get accepted next year. If Adison tried a thousand time then it won't hurt me to try twice, Cornell has been my dream since as long as I can remember and I simply won't leave my dream and regret not trying again in the future.

I admire your perseverance :thumbup: don't give up and good luck next year :luck: you could also try enrolling in any other school and finishing undergrad then returning after taking the prerequisites and the MCAT for the MD program. It's also an option. I wish you all the best xx

Would anyone like to read my personal statement for my application to medical school in the middle east and give me some feedback?

EDIT: I think I will try to get a hold of that mentor05 who was mentioned at the start of this thread.

I would love to read your's if its no problem!! Send it to me..pm I guess. I have already applied to Pre-medical Program and I dnt really have a good result. I am doing my extra curricular s at the moment.
My results are as follows:

SAT 1 540 CR 670 Maths 600 Writing (superscore)
SAT II Subject: Chem 740 Bio 730 Maths 690

A levels: (2012)
Biology A
Chemistry A
Mathematics A
Physics A
AS levels: (2011)
English Language D
Thinking Skills C

AICE Diploma, based on the results: 360/360 pass: Disctinction

IELTS: Overall 8.0 (2013)
Listening 7.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0
I really tried hard. i hope they do take into account of my personal circumstances and show mercy over my scores. I hope that like me.
Cheers!

Did anyone receive an invitation yet? Interviews are supposed to be between January and the end of February, and so far my application status is "Under Review".

Does anyone have any information?

I contacted them, no reply.

So how many applicant have sent their applications today?

I would love to read your's if its no problem!! Send it to me..pm I guess. I have already applied to Pre-medical Program and I dnt really have a good result. I am doing my extra curricular s at the moment.
My results are as follows:

SAT 1 540 CR 670 Maths 600 Writing (superscore)
SAT II Subject: Chem 740 Bio 730 Maths 690

A levels: (2012)
Biology A
Chemistry A
Mathematics A
Physics A
AS levels: (2011)
English Language D
Thinking Skills C

AICE Diploma, based on the results: 360/360 pass: Disctinction

IELTS: Overall 8.0 (2013)
Listening 7.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0
I really tried hard. i hope they do take into account of my personal circumstances and show mercy over my scores. I hope that like me.
Cheers!

I think you will need a higher SAT 1 score. I don't know too much about Cornell Qatar, but it still has Cornell's name and reputation so I would believe you need at least 2100+

Hey ofcourse I know that I need high SAT score, but I have tried twice and I dnt really test well. I am still hoping that Cornell looks at my application holistically. No hard feeling if I get rejected :)

So the Cornell pre-med application has ended. How many of you have submitted the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I tried to ask questions and get replies, but apparently all who applied this year prefer to be silent -_-

Well I tried to ask questions and get replies, but apparently all who applied this year prefer to be silent -_-

@foramenovale
I am really sorry. I am only a pre-medical applicant and I cannot really advise you on your scores. I believe I have seen your stats in some other forums but due to the random nature of the admission selection and how the applicants are chosen, I cannot predict the chance of your application. I think if you can show that in the future, you have the potential and the likeliness to show better improvements, I think it should not be a problem for you.
If u like I can read over your essay. PM me if you like.

hi guys
does anyone know of any African applicants who were accepted or at least invited for an interview. If not, what are your opinions of this and honestly do you think i should attempt to apply?

Okay, so everything you guys have spoken about was helpful before and after taking a step mostly for those just exiting high school. Some people's experiences seems intimidating to the prospective pre-med students of this year (2014). But...what should a transfer applicant take precautions or steps in order to be sure of a50-50 chance of acceptance? Let's start with what is the preferred GPA (on the scale of 4) that they are fine with? On one semester at Qatar University, I happen to score an F on a course. Would that be a pit fall for my application status? Also, just for curiosity's sakes...any idea about their target choices this academic year?

hi guys
does anyone know of any African applicants who were accepted or at least invited for an interview. If not, what are your opinions of this and honestly do you think i should attempt to apply?
Why not apply? Regardless of your nationality, WCMC-Q nowadays seldom seem to show preference nationality wise (though conspiracies are still running wild among students) Just pay no heed to it and give it a try. In my case, I have all hopes up, even waiting for the after effects of the 'I pay to be rejected' case. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Has anyone been called for an interview at WCMCQ this year?

Well I had an interview on the 7th of April. Thought the interview went pretty well. But, I still haven't heard back from WCMCQ yet. Isn't the decision date around 26th of April according to the last year admission and the year before?

Hi hannah9501,
I was interviewed about a month ago but still didn't hear anything from them. I think the reply will be in the first week of May, that's according to one of the admissions officers. Do you mind if share your stats? You can PM it if you want.

I don't mind posting it here:) And, I would really appreciate if you could do the same for current and future applicants.
GPA: 4.03/4.30 (one of top ten at my school)
SAT (superscore; not sure if they do superscore though): CR740 M800 W790
SATII: Bio(m) 730 Math2 800 Chem 730
plus some ECs/awards and at the interview, the English professor kinda complimented on my personal statement or that is what I want to believe

and holy cow, first week of May seems so far away

Honestly, before the interview, I wasn't 100 percent sure about going to WCMCQ and living in Qatar, although I have lived in the Middle East for three years. But, I figured out WCMCQ is more than a just damn fine school and I would be so happy to go there.
Btw, I am from Korea, don't know if that would be a plus or a minus in terms of the admission.

Another question here: does anyone know how many people have been called for the interview and about what percentage of the people interviewed actually get into WCMCQ?

Wow! Your stats made me feel bad about mine!
SAT(first and only attempt): CR590 M790 w570
SAT2:Bio(m)790 Math level 2 800 Chemistry 800
Got 11 IGCSEs mostly A*s
This year I am doing 3 Alevels (biology,chemistry and mathematics) and 1AS
I have done some ECAs and have leadership positions in the school
Unfortunately the interview didn't go as well as I expected, so yeah let's wait and see.

Hi guys, any applicant for the 2015 cycle #MD?

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how receptive WCMCQ is to US students? I am interested in applying for this upcoming cycle for the medical program but I can't find much information on SDN about this school. From what I have read/seen on their website, it looks amazing. I hope to go here God willing.

Thanks everyone!

Hi,

Bumping this thread because after giving up on my dream of attending WCMCQ a few years ago I'm back to somehow make it work. The question I have is that I'm currently an undergrad at Queen's University (3rd year) but my major is not medical related at all. I had to take some time off (I'm 24 now) for personal reasons and changed my major.

My question is what do I need at this point to get in? I have not done my SATs nor MCAT (obviously). Should I graduate first and in the meantime study for the SATs or should I study for the MCAT and in the next year or so hope to apply to Cornell-Qatar for their medical program? Or should I take my SATs and then apply to their pre-med program instead? I've emailed about this but no reply so far. Thank you!

Anyone applying directly to Cornell MD program this 2017 cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
I will be applying for pre-med for 2018-2019 cycle. any tips on things to do to increase my chances at getting accepted?

Hello guys it's kinda late but any people who applied to the 2018-2019 premed wcmq? Interviews?

Hi guys,

This thread seems to be very alive in the past years, I hope it comes back to life!
Any applicants for the MD 2021 cycle? Have you heard back? My application status is "Application Received on Dec. 15, 2020". Does anyone have the same status as mine or you are in the "under review" status?

Are they planning for in-person interviews even with the pandemic?

I just want to meet other MD applicants where we can exchange info about our application statuses, interview invites, acceptance...etc.