Cornell Research Track

Started by quepatho
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

quepatho

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm applying for the research track at Cornell and they just sent out a reminder to fill out the supplemental form online:

http://www.cornellmedicine.com/education/instructions_to_applicants/index.html

So the top of the form has entries for:

Name:
Medical School:
Fellowship:

Now, as it turns out, I did do something that was called a "summer fellowship" at a research institution. So if they're referring to that, then I can put that down.

However, is there a chance they're referring to those years of extra training that you do after medical school? Do they mean "what fellowship do I WANT to do?" Cause how would I have done a fellowship before I even started residency? So confizzled. 😛
 
So I'm applying for the research track at Cornell and they just sent out a reminder to fill out the supplemental form online:

http://www.cornellmedicine.com/education/instructions_to_applicants/index.html

So the top of the form has entries for:

Name:
Medical School:
Fellowship:

Now, as it turns out, I did do something that was called a "summer fellowship" at a research institution. So if they're referring to that, then I can put that down.

However, is there a chance they're referring to those years of extra training that you do after medical school? Do they mean "what fellowship do I WANT to do?" Cause how would I have done a fellowship before I even started residency? So confizzled. 😛

They mean which fellowship you want to match into. Your interview day(s)...IIRC it's a 2d interview but it's been a few years since I interviewed there so I may be wrong...will be built to include a residency and a fellowship interview schedule.
 
They mean which fellowship you want to match into. Your interview day(s)...IIRC it's a 2d interview but it's been a few years since I interviewed there so I may be wrong...will be built to include a residency and a fellowship interview schedule.

Thanks, gutonc.