cornell secondary inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ablumoon

=)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you guys know if cornell screens before secondaries: i.e. can you be rejected pre-secondary? :confused: :) thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

latest msar says it doesn't...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wet,

Have you got any secondaries yet?????????????

yes!!! many....and i've been putting off starting them:
baylor, georgetown, southwestern, yale, columbia, jhu (last three have been available online for some time)

wetlightning said:
yes!!! many....and i've been putting off starting them:
baylor, georgetown, southwestern, yale, columbia, jhu (last three have been available online for some time)

Oh ok. Good luck with them. Oh and don't put them off because otherwise it will just triple and quadruple the amount of work you'll have to do later on. :D

I wish you the best.

thank you!!!!

ablumoon said:
do you guys know if cornell screens before secondaries: i.e. can you be rejected pre-secondary? :confused: :) thanks!

I don't believe so. Most private schools don't screen pre-secondary because they want to collect your money before rejecting you (not that you will be rejected, of course). Cornell's secondary application is pretty easy too, so it does not require much effort. I almost didn't apply to Cornell last year because I wasn't big on the prospect of living in NYC. After interviewing, however, it skyrocketed on my med school wish list, and I am ecstatic about starting there in August!

DrDarwin said:
I don't believe so. Most private schools don't screen pre-secondary because they want to collect your money before rejecting you (not that you will be rejected, of course). Cornell's secondary application is pretty easy too, so it does not require much effort. I almost didn't apply to Cornell last year because I wasn't big on the prospect of living in NYC. After interviewing, however, it skyrocketed on my med school wish list, and I am ecstatic about starting there in August!

I totally agree, Cornell is AWWEEESSOOMMEELLLYY awesomely sweet.

Wahooonnikon said:
I totally agree, Cornell is AWWEEESSOOMMEELLLYY awesomely sweet.

:thumbup: :cool: :thumbup: