DVM2024

NCSU c/o 2024 dogtor
Sep 6, 2019
NC
Status
  1. Veterinary Student
Hello everyone....

I was accepted to Tufts and just pulled off Cornell's waitlist today. I'm also on the waitlist for UGA and NCSU (my in-state and top choice). I'm kind of in panic mode now. I would choose UGA and NCSU because of how inexpensive and close to home they are, but in the meantime, do I stick with Tufts or go with Cornell?

Cornell is less expensive in theory, but COL is pretty similar between Ithaca and Massachusetts (if anything Ithaca may be more expensive) and traveling home will be much more of a hassle. While I liked Tufts' program slightly more, I'm not sure it's worth the extra expense in the long term.

I'm also concerned about deposit fees. I paid the $500 on Tufts a while ago so that's no longer a concern, but I'm worried if I put $500 on Cornell I will have to immediately back out and pay $300 to NCSU or UGA if I get off the waitlists there (or pay $300 to UGA, then an additional $300 to NCSU if the offers were to come a few days apart).

Can any current Tufts and Cornell students offer advice? :)

amsweeney

Purdue CVM c/o 2024
Oct 14, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I don't go to either school but I do live 1.5hr away from Cornell and have a hard time believing that COL is more expensive at Cornell. Ithaca is a college town, but then again, Tufts is near Boston. Then again, I dont live in either lol. How long do you have to decide on Cornell?

Aug 20, 2019
I don't go to either school but I do live 1.5hr away from Cornell and have a hard time believing that COL is more expensive at Cornell. Ithaca is a college town, but then again, Tufts is near Boston. Then again, I dont live in either lol. How long do you have to decide on Cornell?
Cost of living at Tufts is not that bad - as the campus is not in a city in Massachusetts. COL would be much higher if the campus was closer to Boston.

Reactions: 1 user
May 9, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I am not a student at either school -- but I think that you should make your choice on which school you would rather attend, thinking that you wont get off either waitlist. If the cost of the schools is about the same, which one you would be happier at?? If you get off another waitlist its a bonus and the $500 deposit wont seem like much in the grand scheme of things if you're getting in to one of your top choices (this is just my take on the situation but I hope it helps a little :happy: )

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads