Tufts vs. Penn vs. Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notliterally

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I'm having a hard time deciding between these three schools, so I thought I would post here and hear some thoughts. I was accepted to Tufts (IS) and Penn (OOS) and was waitlisted at Cornell (OOS), though I'm thinking of taking myself off the waitlist. I am hoping to pursue small animal surgery after vet school, and I am also at Tufts for undergrad right now. Cost is not a huge factor for me and I also think that it will be similar at both Tufts and Penn (I could be wrong though).

Right now I'm leaning towards Penn because of its location and residency match rate; however, Tufts has such a great collaborative vibe that seems very similar to everything I love about Tufts undergrad. Although I really like a lot of the programs at Cornell, I think PBL and Ithaca are not for me, but my mind is still pretty open. I would really appreciate any advice!
 
Because of the big beautiful bill and the need to take out private loans, I would choose your in state! I’m on the same boat (choosing between a school that is more expensive n that I overall prefer location wise vs a cheaper school) and I think I will be going with the cheaper school! It’s tough and I wish we didn’t have this bill holding us back from making a decision but it is what it is🙁
 
Cost is not a huge factor for me and I also think that it will be similar at both Tufts and Penn (I could be wrong though).
Because of the big beautiful bill and the need to take out private loans, I would choose your in state!
i just checked and you’re correct, Penn OOS and Tufts IS are almost exactly the same. i imagine COL in philly and mass are pretty comparable as well. i’ve heard (anecdotally) that penn has some good scholarships whereas tufts only really does need-based aid, so penn might actually end up being your cheaper option. in your case i would try to go to both schools’ admitted students day (if you haven’t already) and just go with the one you like the best! and location is absolutely a valid factor to consider when you pick.
 
I am at Cornell now and just want to say that PBL is an adjustment, but it is a super unique way to learn. I was skeptical of it myself but I honestly feel like it helped me learn so much and have the material stick into my head more. I'd be happy to answer more questions about Cornell if you have any!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.