Cornell Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xibye

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the earliest we can hear?

Members don't see this ad.

We don't even have to send in responses till April 15th... so I'm guessing probably after May 15th once they have an idea of how big the actual class is...

Thanks. Is there any point at which Cornell tells the waitlisters if they have a realistic shot at acceptance or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the earliest we can hear?

I think May 1st is the earliest that you can hear. By the way, if they were to let you know your rank on the waitlist, they would be the nicest med school ever.

I'm going back a few years, but I got off the waitlist a few days before May 15th. I know it was before the 15th because I was really surprised to hear from admissions before the "deadline"

Anyone know if it is possible to find out your rank on the waitlist?

Anyone know if it is possible to find out your rank on the waitlist?

In the waitlist letter it said they don't rank their waitlist so they can "review" each applicant to determine their fit into the class...

bumping... anyone heard any news? Movement should start as the deadline quickly approaches for everyone to designate a single school you'd think...

in previous years, the first acceptances from the cornell waitlist always come on may 12, 13, or 14th (by email), and then more acceptances come every two weeks or so after that.

bump... Last year's first waitlist movement was on Thursday, May 11.... Isn't anyone else excited?! We could be getting some movement in 2-3 days!!

Cornell is far and away my favorite school, and this waitlist is killing me! Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

Wow - I can't believe the time is finally approaching. I really hope to get in off this waitlist. What a dream come true that would be!

You gotta love this non-ranked waitlist business. Maybe we should all conspire together and send cookies and other treats to the adcom to entice them to be nice at the meeting on Thurs :rolleyes: . We can include a cover letter like:

Dear Adcoms,

Applicants ______, wanted to express their deepest gratitude for 'carefully' considering their plea to get off this waitlist. Here are some cookies to help your decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
You gotta love this non-ranked waitlist business. Maybe we should all conspire together and send cookies and other treats to the adcom to entice them to be nice at the meeting on Thurs

Meeting on Thursday?!? What? Yikes!

E-mailed them.
"We will not be going to the waitlist until after May 15th."
Shazaam.

E-mailed them.
Shazaam.

I still think that some may hear this week. It wouldn't be the first time the admissions office "stretched the truth" to bide their time. Remember when they kept saying that the March acceptances wouldn't come out until the end of March? In all of the recent years' waitlist threads, the first movement has come the Thursday before May 15th. Most people will have made their decision by then - or at least they should have.

I still think that some may hear this week. It wouldn't be the first time the admissions office "stretched the truth" to bide their time. Remember when they kept saying that the March acceptances wouldn't come out until the end of March? In all of the recent years' waitlist threads, the first movement has come the Thursday before May 15th. Most people will have made their decision by then - or at least they should have.

"Stretched the truth?" Sir, how dare you! Cornell has done nothing but maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity with it's applicants! Besides, was the caller able to see the fingers of the person at the admissions office when he called? They might have been crossed! If that's the case, she was well within her rights to fib. Everybody know that!

But, if Cornell follows their past procedures, be on the lookout for an email a few days before the 15th, asking you if you are still interested in remaining on their waitlist. Those who received this email and responded positively have been accepted a few days later. (at least, this is what has happened in the past)
:luck: :thumbup:

But, if Cornell follows their past procedures, be on the lookout for an email a few days before the 15th, asking you if you are still interested in remaining on their waitlist. Those who received this email and responded positively have been accepted a few days later. (at least, this is what has happened in the past)
:luck: :thumbup:

This is making me so nervous! I'm so excited that the deadline is finally here (again). Maybe this time I'll make it in!

Everybody, please post if you hear anything from Cornell. Good luck to you all!

So other years people got an email first? I guess I'll be checking my email every minute in fear of missing that important step towards possible acceptance. With the 12th and 13th falling on th weekend, anyone want to place bets whether this year will truly be May 15th? Or will it be May 14th? May 11th?

I wanna say May 11th, but I'll place my bet on May 14th (cause they want to be sure I can't relax and enjoy my weekend at all).

So other years people got an email first? I guess I'll be checking my email every minute in fear of missing that important step towards possible acceptance. With the 12th and 13th falling on th weekend, anyone want to place bets whether this year will truly be May 15th? Or will it be May 14th? May 11th?

I wanna say May 11th, but I'll place my bet on May 14th (cause they want to be sure I can't relax and enjoy my weekend at all).

As the eternal Cornell optimist, I'll place my money on May 11th.

E-mailed them.
Shazaam.

+1 I bet it is next Thursday May 17th. They'll meet Wednesday May 16 to decide how many to let in.

+1 I bet it is next Thursday May 17th. They'll meet Wednesday May 16 to decide how many to let in.

Would you enlighten us as to the provenance of your information? It seems to be pure conjecture as you toggle the 'meeting' dates.

Called admissions office today. The committee will be meeting around May 15th to look into movement off the waitlist. I explicitly asked if it was going to be this week and the lady said she didn't think they were notifying anyone. That doesn't mean however they aren't meeting to preliminarily look at candidates. Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for a decision by the end of next week!! :luck: :luck:

Called admissions office today. The committee will be meeting around May 15th to look into movement off the waitlist. I explicitly asked if it was going to be this week and the lady said she didn't think they were notifying anyone. That doesn't mean however they aren't meeting to preliminarily look at candidates. Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for a decision by the end of next week!! :luck: :luck:

I'll still go with today as the first notification. Maybe today some people will get the "are you still interested?" email, but they won't actually be accepted for another day or two. I guess we'll find out soon enough... ahh the anxiety has to end soon.

On a side note, not that much activity on this thread. I hope someone on SDN gets in so that the rest of us will know. Be sure to post if you hear anything!

On a side note, not that much activity on this thread. I hope someone on SDN gets in so that the rest of us will know. Be sure to post if you hear anything!

I'm still waiting!

I think I'll just be really surprised if by some miracle they pull my name out of the morass of the unranked waitlist...so I'm trying not to hope too much :rolleyes:

Good luck guys!

Edit: Did you guys fill out financial aid stuff?

Edit: Did you guys fill out financial aid stuff?

No, not yet, but I think that maybe I should. I hear need access is really a killer. I think that deep down I'm afraid that somehow Cornell would find out and think me presumptuous if I started an account ;) .

No, not yet, but I think that maybe I should. I hear need access is really a killer. I think that deep down I'm afraid that somehow Cornell would find out and think me presumptuous if I started an account ;) .

No, no, that's good to hear. I'm on the Yale waitlist too, and apparently there was a 5/1 deadline for financial aid there...how can you have a deadline if you're not even accepted yet??? Just wanted to make sure I hadn't made the same mistake twice ;)

No, no, that's good to hear. I'm on the Yale waitlist too, and apparently there was a 5/1 deadline for financial aid there...how can you have a deadline if you're not even accepted yet??? Just wanted to make sure I hadn't made the same mistake twice ;)

I've heard that since the form takes forever to fill out, it's a good idea to start an account but not submit it unless you get off the waitlist. This way you can get your finaid package quickly if you get off. Do you all think this is a good idea or jumping the gun?

I'm not sure. I called financial aid a while back and they told me that the turn around time for the specific Cornell aid application was only about 48 hours. Unless we are notified today about getting accepted, we probably wouldn't make the cut off in time to get our deposits back from other schools (May 15 deadline). I know there is also a $15 fee with submitting the application, so it doesn't make sense to pay for it unless you are accepted.

I'm not sure. I called financial aid a while back and they told me that the turn around time for the specific Cornell aid application was only about 48 hours. Unless we are notified today about getting accepted, we probably wouldn't make the cut off in time to get our deposits back from other schools (May 15 deadline). I know there is also a $15 fee with submitting the application, so it doesn't make sense to pay for it unless you are accepted.

Ya... oh well. I'll eat $100 to go to Cornell if I get in. No problem....

Anyone heard anything?? I am still thinking next week, but who knows, they e-mailed acceptances on friday so we'll see!

As the eternal Cornell optimist, I'll place my money on May 11th.

Unless someone heard something and we don't know about it, I guess I'll have to eat my words on this one. Oh well, hopefully good news will come next week.

Unless someone heard something and we don't know about it, I guess I'll have to eat my words on this one. Oh well, hopefully good news will come next week.

Every time I see a new post on this thread, I figure that the call went out and I didn't get it. Ya'll are scaring me.

So I guess nobody heard anything last week? Anyone wanna take bets on a day next week which could be home to a day of WL movement?

I'm guessing they meet Wed May 16th and we notification is sent the 17th.

Any news of any kind? (essentially a bump :) )

Will today be the day? If anyone hears anything, can you please post to let us know? I'm going crazy here. :scared:

Hi everyone,

I keep checking this thread as well in search of news. I called the admissions office yesterday. The lady said that they were supposed to notify us yesterday, but that the notification was postponed. She told me that they would definitely let us know by the end of this week. Maybe today?!

Also, I called because I found out one of my update letters was not delivered by email. Turns out they just changed the admissions office's email address. Just a heads up, it is now [email protected].

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!
Jason

Hi everyone,

I keep checking this thread as well in search of news. I called the admissions office yesterday. The lady said that they were supposed to notify us yesterday, but that the notification was postponed. She told me that they would definitely let us know by the end of this week. Maybe today?!

Also, I called because I found out one of my update letters was not delivered by email. Turns out they just changed the admissions office's email address. Just a heads up, it is now [email protected].

Jason

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if the notification is a notification of acceptances or a general "status of the waitlist" sort of thing?

Not sure. She didn't explicitly say what they would include in the email.

Not sure. She didn't explicitly say what they would include in the email.

This whole process is really killing me.

Don't worry, we'll send you...something...sometime...

Anyway, thanks for the info. Good luck guys :luck:

Hi everyone,

Jason

:eek: I think my outlook send/receive button is about to give out... I've been checking my e-mail every 30 minutes :laugh:

I just got the email!!!!!!!! I hope other SDNers got it as well!

I just got the email!!!!!!!! I hope other SDNers got it as well!

Congratulations! Is the email an acceptance? Did you ever receive a "are you still interested" type of email?

Congratulations! Nothing in my inbox.