Cornell Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me neither. Perhaps they blacklisted anyone with 10 or more posts on SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure. She didn't explicitly say what they would include in the email.

Congrats SJason! Now come join us in the allo class thread and the facebook group! :luck: to the rest of you!!

I heard from admissions that every year approx 20-30 people in the class were taken off the waitlist. There is hope!!

Nobody else heard any word :(

These are strange times we live in.

Last year it looks like 4-5 SDNers heard

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email a couple of hours ago as well. I've been letting family and friends know. =) I did feel bad posting on this thread with good news when everyone else is eagerly waiting to hear. It's highly likely that I'll attend Cornell (and withdraw from Penn's top-of-tier-1 waitlist slot), but I do want to hear back on financial aid packages first. Pritzker's aid package was quite generous, so if Cornell's finaid is stingy by comparison, and I can't get them to budge, I may choose to hold on to Pritzker. Same with if I get off of the waitlist at Penn. Financial aid being roughly equal, though, I'll be at Cornell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

I got the email a couple of hours ago as well. I've been letting family and friends know. =) I did feel bad posting on this thread with good news when everyone else is eagerly waiting to hear. It's highly likely that I'll attend Cornell (and withdraw from Penn's top-of-tier-1 waitlist slot), but I do want to hear back on financial aid packages first. Pritzker's aid package was quite generous, so if Cornell's finaid is stingy by comparison, and I can't get them to budge, I may choose to hold on to Pritzker. Same with if I get off of the waitlist at Penn. Financial aid being roughly equal, though, I'll be at Cornell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Congrats!:thumbup:

Hey guys,

The email granted acceptance. I never received an "are you interested" email.

I am definitely going to Cornell! Hopefully some of you will hear today and can join me!! :luck:

Jason

For me, it was a straight up "congratulations from weill cornell" in the subject line. The first line of the email was "On behalf of our Committee on Admissions, I am extremely pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an offer of admission to the 2007 entering class. " I was very surprised and happy; I really hadn't been expecting to hear back so soon. I thought I'd hear back from Penn first.

I hope this helps! I'm seriously wishing all of you guys the best. :)

Again, congrats to you guys! You must be so psyched.

I just called and was told that the initial waitlist acceptances were all out, but that every year it keeps moving till August. She said if you've expressed interest, all you can do is hang on and wait at this point.

Let's hope we see some more movement in the next couple months.

So I called the admissions office and the class is full at this moment. The woman I talked to made it sound like there is usually one or two more small movements as other waitlists begin to move around the country. So I guess there is still a small notion of hope :oops:

So I called the admissions office and the class is full at this moment. The woman I talked to made it sound like there is usually one or two more small movements as other waitlists begin to move around the country. So I guess there is still a small notion of hope :oops:

I disagree. I've abandoned all hope. By lowering my expectations, I can only be pleasantly surprised.

Hey everyone,

I think we should stay optimistic. I've been looking at other school's wait lists, and many of the other top schools have not yet started making big movements on their wait lists. It should start soon, so I am sure we will see some more movement for us.

Also, I saw on the Cornell class thread that someone was accepted on May 21, which was this past Monday. I think they are accepting applicants on an individual basis, as well as in waves. Has anyone else heard anything?

Good luck to all, and don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I think we should stay optimistic. I've been looking at other school's wait lists, and many of the other top schools have not yet started making big movements on their wait lists. It should start soon, so I am sure we will see some more movement for us.

Also, I saw on the Cornell class thread that someone was accepted on May 21, which was this past Monday. I think they are accepting applicants on an individual basis, as well as in waves. Has anyone else heard anything?

Good luck to all, and don't lose hope!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: abandon hope all ye that enter here.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to keep things going. Has anyone called the admissions office or heard anything new in the past week or so? It seems like there still isn't much movement on quite a few wait lists...

just wanted to tell everyone that i got an acceptance email on friday. i sent an update/interest letter (not intent) around mid-april, called to make sure they got it, then waited. this thread has been really helpful to keep up with news, so i wanted to share the latest. at this point they're still giving 2 weeks to decide.

you guys all seem great, hope everything works out.

just wanted to tell everyone that i got an acceptance email on friday. i sent an update/interest letter (not intent) around mid-april, called to make sure they got it, then waited. this thread has been really helpful to keep up with news, so i wanted to share the latest. at this point they're still giving 2 weeks to decide.

you guys all seem great, hope everything works out.

Congrats, bluesheep! That's great news!!

Congratulations Bluesheep! You rock!

anyone else get a 'are you still interested?' email ?

Congrats, I'm sure its a good thing!

And nope, I didnt get that email. :( When was it sent? Did you send Cornell a letter of intent prior to getting this email?

anyone else get a 'are you still interested?' email ?

I got the email yesterday, but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. I'm thinking the class is probably still full, and they're just getting together some sort of list of people that may come if a spot opens up. Good luck to everyone though...I hope it works out for all of us.

Yeah class is definitely still full. I think there will be some more acceptances from the trickle-down effect of other waitlist movements, also some students will decide after the 2 week period not to go to cornell, and possibly some deferments. not major movement, but at least some. In addition, it is after June 1 now, so the schools have to notify where ever you currently are holding an acceptance about your change in status before they accept you. Hence, it saves them time if people are not interested to send out an email asking this question.

I just tried to log into the status checker for the first time in a couple months, and there's no record of my ID + birth date...anybody else have a similar problem?

Can you post the link to the cornell log in again? I always seem to lose it. Thanks.

My log in is not working either. I checked my status about a week and a half ago and got the same problem. My only guess is that next year's batch of secondaries may be getting ready to get submitted by applicants, and so they cleared their records from the previous (our) year.

To Champs and swk:

Did you guys send in a letter of intent stating that you were still interested? If so, how long ago? Thanks, and congrats again on the positive email!

Hey Asclepius-
I sent an interest/update letter about a week after finding out about the waitlist. Since then, I've called once or twice. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info Champs. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Please let us know if you end up with an acceptance. Is Cornell your first choice?

nothing yet...

Hey, congrats to all who are getting in. Head over to the weill-cornell thread and introduce yourself and Join the facebook group if you want to see what your classmates look like.

And good luck to all the waitlisters! :luck: Hope to see you in August.

I did a bit of espionage on the c/o 2011 facebook group...and someone was accepted off the waitlist today, so at least we know there is movement. Good luck again to everyone waiting.

Does anyone know how the movement is going on other wait lists for similarly ranked schools? It seems like a lack of movement within a bunch of wait lists this year. I also can't seem to find a wait list thread for Harvard. Anyone else find it?

Does anyone know how the movement is going on other wait lists for similarly ranked schools? It seems like a lack of movement within a bunch of wait lists this year. I also can't seem to find a wait list thread for Harvard. Anyone else find it?

I've been waiting too with no news. Now sure if people are getting in off waitlist and just not posting here or whether the waitlist is dead.

IMHO, Dead. Holding out hope for this WL will only make you apprehensive about where you are heading which at this point is about 95% most likely to be where you are next year.

The reason why there is no waitlist thread for harvard is because there is essentially no waitlist. You've got a much better shot of being accepted by Harvard than waitlisted, so if this is your situation, um, congrats! Harvard accepts ~200 kids and waitlists ~20. The odds of those 20 spending enough time on SDN to start a thread are pretty low. And some waitlists are moving, it's just that delays in each of the top tier waitlists slows down all the other waitlists, so I wouldn't completely rule yourselves out yet. Basically, it's a trickle down effect, where top tier waitlists shift spots form lower tier schools, and at the top people just sort of hop around from top school to top school depending on their preferences. At this point in the game, a lot of waitlist spots that are offered will be turned down, so there may be more turnover than you expect.

Waitlist is still moving, even if it is slowly....I just got the call! I'll probably decide to go, but I have some thinking to do now.

Good luck to everyone else.

Congratulations!! That is great news! I'm glad to hear it's still moving.

Last edited: