Cornell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Still learning

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Cornell sends out their first batch of acceptance, hold, reject letters? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Still learning said:
Does anyone know when Cornell sends out their first batch of acceptance, hold, reject letters? :scared:

I may be wrong, but I think towards the end of this month, for the holidays :scared:

DrKitty said:
I may be wrong, but I think towards the end of this month, for the holidays :scared:

I'm really nervous about this one. I don't think my interview went very well, but I really liked the school. I would love to hear this week, but only if it's good news. I saw last year the first group got e-mails on the 12/22, but I haven't been able to get any definite dates from anyone for this year.

Maybe someone out there gave them a call?

Members don't see this ad :)
DrKitty said:

I sure hope so. I really liked Cornell, but now lets just hope they liked me too. That would be great Christmas present.

Guys, one of the students at my interview told me that they only send out ~10 acceptances in December. So don't sweat it if you don't get one!

diosa428 said:
Guys, one of the students at my interview told me that they only send out ~10 acceptances in December. So don't sweat it if you don't get one!

that seems pretty ridiculous to only send out 10, but this whole process is ridiculous so it's probably true...

i saw on mdapplicants that some MD/PhD candidates have gotten acceptances, so maybe that's the deal? who knows...

somewhere2010 said:
that seems pretty ridiculous to only send out 10, but this whole process is ridiculous so it's probably true...
Actually, I'm pretty sure that last year they didn't accept hardly anyone except the Mud Phuds and the EDP people. When I interviewed back in February, they told us that they pretty much send out acceptances, wait-list, and rejections for pretty much all the interviewees around mid-March (that's when I got my wait-list letter, via snailmail)...

If you think the process is ridiculous now, just hope that you don't get wait-listed there (a heart-wrenching experience I went through this summer--I freaking LOVED that school/location/curriculum/facilities)....they don't rank their wait list (or at least they say they don't)....so you don't have a rank...so you will spend April to May wondering and juggling around your future plans without a wait-list ranking.

Good luck guys....that's a great school up there! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

on a different note - anyone know if they have a student hosting program for interviewees?

popupr said:
on a different note - anyone know if they have a student hosting program for interviewees?

Yes, if you just let the admissions office know, they will set you up with someone. The apartments for M2 and up are pretty nice and very reasonable for Manhattan.

Hey all............I was just given an "early offer of admissions" from Cornell this morning via e-mail.

I loved Cornell, and love NYC.

I'm still in shock/disbelief.

Good luck to all of you hoping for this kind of news.

abcehmu said:
Hey all............I was just given an "early offer of admissions" from Cornell this morning via e-mail.

Wow!!! Congrats!!!! :D

I just got an email today with subject line "Welcome to Weill Cornell."

Great news and a fabulous Christmas gift!

abcehmu said:

abcehmu said:

me too! :D she said she tried emailing me yesterday but it didn't go through! i'm in shock too!!!!! yay!

Members don't see this ad :)
so these are individualized emails? I could still receive one?! it wasn't just a mass email to all who were accepted in this batch of acceptances??

somewhere2010 said:
me too! :D she said she tried emailing me yesterday but it didn't go through! i'm in shock too!!!!! yay!

somewhere2010 said:

Wow, congrats!!!!!!!

Congrats, guys!!!

princessd3 said:
Wow, congrats!!!!!!!

thanks princess! did you end up interviewing there? did you like it? the location really can't be beat, and i have lots of friend in nyc. i also have a friend who's an MS2 there who really loves it, and from what i could tell the students are really fun and are a tight bunch...it's gonna be such a hard decision now!

Are you guys regular admission MD applicants?

Pretty sick to have Cornell in your pocket in December, I wish I was one of you.

bigdogg said:

Pretty sick to have Cornell in your pocket in December, I wish I was one of you.

yeah i'm straight MD, regular decision...interviewed in mid-october. good luck to you! i'm in shock that i'm one of the random few who got in already, but they really do most of their deciding in march.

Yep, I also received the "Welcome to Weill Cornell" email today. I just flipped out. I didn't feel like my interview there went that well. In my opinion I wasn't confident that my interviewers liked my answers.

But I was told that I "should not expect" to hear from Cornell in December and I'll most likely be informed in March.

I can't believe this too. I'm straight MD too, regular decision. I interviewed in early November.

bigdogg said:

Yes, regular MD.

Interviewed in late September.

i got one too!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!! i'm regular MD, interviewed 11/1. her email said it didn't go through either, so maybe it was a mass email...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abcehmu said:
Yes, regular MD.

Interviewed in late September.

somewhere2010 said:
thanks princess! did you end up interviewing there? did you like it? the location really can't be beat, and i have lots of friend in nyc. i also have a friend who's an MS2 there who really loves it, and from what i could tell the students are really fun and are a tight bunch...it's gonna be such a hard decision now!

Yeah I did interview there, really nice school.

Me too!!! w00t!

Same weird email thing for me, though. Said she had trouble emailing me yesterday. (?)

Indryd said:
Me too!!! w00t!

Same weird email thing for me, though. Said she had trouble emailing me yesterday. (?)
I hate you guys...one of my top choices...would've been nice to hear so early. Congrats though :oops:

I wish I were one of you. Thats great news for all of you who got the good news.

Best of luck to everyone else!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: