Cornell!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rebs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an early acceptance e-mail from Cornell!! I'm so excited right now. I really love Cornell and I can't believe that I got in. Wow, all this drudgery of the application process has seemed to be washed away now.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptance. Good school!

congrats! i loved the school when i visited too! when did u interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to you. I applied there and requested an interview cos i had other interviews in NEWYORK. but what do you think? they turned me down. And if they think i am going to travel all the way from California just to interview there, they are kidding.
i dont think they are worth it. you know, maybe i just dont want them bad enough.

bubblez said:
congrats! i loved the school when i visited too! when did u interview?

Thanks so much; I interviewed on Oct. 20th at Cornell. I had no idea that I would end up liking Cornell so much. I am from San Diego and had never been to the east coast previous to my interview. I ended up absolutely loving the area, the PBL with classes from 8-1 PM and the fact that the students were geniunely happy there. If you really like it, I hope that things work out for you. I know I am really lucky to hear back so soon, but I know they will be giving out many more in March.

temmie said:
congrats to you. I applied there and requested an interview cos i had other interviews in NEWYORK. but what do you think? they turned me down. And if they think i am going to travel all the way from California just to interview there, they are kidding.
i dont think they are worth it. you know, maybe i just dont want them bad enough.

Its an expensive process but if thats the school for you, you may never know unless you make the trip. I ended up making two trips to the east coast from CA and believe me I am very much in debt right now. However, I was really happy I did and it will give you a great perspective and experience of the east coast schools which you can use in comparison to the west coast.

I actually tried doing what you did, and seeing if they would give me an interview because I would be out in the NYC area. They initially said "no" but then about week or so later I got an invite. Either way I'm sure they like to see that you are interested in the school. Good luck to you.

temmie said:

That school is definitely worth it--have you ever been to that place? I would have given my soul to get off the wait-list there last year.

Congrats! That's fantastic!

I wonder if Columbia gives out any early acceptances for the holidays ... that would make my year ... :)

Rebs said:
Thanks so much; I interviewed on Oct. 20th at Cornell. I had no idea that I would end up liking Cornell so much. I am from San Diego and had never been to the east coast previous to my interview. I ended up absolutely loving the area, the PBL with classes from 8-1 PM and the fact that the students were geniunely happy there. If you really like it, I hope that things work out for you. I know I am really lucky to hear back so soon, but I know they will be giving out many more in March.

check out the funny videos on their class webpages...just go through them all...some of those guys are hilariously funny--and the fact that they have time to make videos of themselves doing funny stuff/skits/etc is an indirect indicator of just how good they have it...and of all the NY schools with on-site housing, they definitely have the best housing....their 2nd-4th years have really nice housing....I believe only the 1st years live in the dorm in the building the Admissions office is in. Congrats Reb

nicholasblonde said:
check out the funny videos on their class webpages...just go through them all...some of those guys are hilariously funny--and the fact that they have time to make videos of themselves doing funny stuff/skits/etc is an indirect indicator of just how good they have it...and of all the NY schools with on-site housing, they definitely have the best housing....their 2nd-4th years have really nice housing....I believe only the 1st years live in the dorm in the building the Admissions office is in. Congrats Reb

Thanks Nicholas. I'd like to check the videos out, maybe if you have the link that would be awesome. Yeah the students seemed pretty cool, I like the idea of class Beer Pong tournaments and pick-up Basketball games in the gym after class.

nicholasblonde said:

I found it.. that was actually pretty funny.

http://class2005.med.cornell.edu/show/classhow.shtml

Rebs said:
I just received an early acceptance e-mail from Cornell!! I'm so excited right now. I really love Cornell and I can't believe that I got in. Wow, all this drudgery of the application process has seemed to be washed away now.

Congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited for you, and have to admit a bit envious
:) Cornell is a great medical school, and NYP hospital is amazing. I am nervous to hear from them :scared:

Congratulations Rebs!

A great school in a great locale.

currently a 4th year at Cornell and still enjoying life here immensely.
please feel more than welcome to PM me if you have any questions on the school, residency, city life, or anything else. if i haven't the answer, will be happy to direct you to the right place.

happy holidays and congrats again on a fine achievement.

In terms of location, I don't see many places that are better. In a great area that is situated in the center of the world, New York City. On top of that I remember the 1st year students being done around 1 PM everyday, which sounds pretty ideal.

Rebs said:
In terms of location, I don't see many places that are better. In a great area that is situated in the center of the world, New York City. On top of that I remember the 1st year students being done around 1 PM everyday, which sounds pretty ideal.

hey rebs! i interviewed at cornell oct. 20 too! i think you went to school with my roommate and we split a cab downtown that day? regardless, congrats! you think you'll go to cornell?

somewhere2010 said:
hey rebs! i interviewed at cornell oct. 20 too! i think you went to school with my roommate and we split a cab downtown that day? regardless, congrats! you think you'll go to cornell?

Congrats to you also, it is a very nice Christmas present. In terms of the cab ride, that wasn't me but nonetheless there were probably only about 8-10 of us that day so I'm sure we could recognize each other. I really loved the school when I visited. I had an awesome student host and got to meet tons of students during the stay. Right now Cornell is definitely a top choice of mine and has been a favorite from the beginning. I figure the second look weekend will be when I can decide for sure. Did you get the e-mail about going back on March 10-12? Hopefully I'll see you there.

Rebs said:
Congrats to you also, it is a very nice Christmas present. In terms of the cab ride, that wasn't me but nonetheless there were probably only about 8-10 of us that day so I'm sure we could recognize each other. I really loved the school when I visited. I had an awesome student host and got to meet tons of students during the stay. Right now Cornell is definitely a top choice of mine and has been a favorite from the beginning. I figure the second look weekend will be when I can decide for sure. Did you get the e-mail about going back on March 10-12? Hopefully I'll see you there.

Yea, I got that email. I'm going to try to book that weekend for a visit. If not that weekend (if I have work duties) I'm going to visit Cornell in March or early April. It is very high on my list and if I can work around the cost of living issue then it's going to be very hard to beat.