Coronavirus Impact Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sr123234

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The prompt for this typically asks whether this coronavirus has impacted the student's application in any way.

Currently, I am working on secondaries while working in a hospital. As a result of the virus, staff have been leaving (as a result of symptoms and personal reasons). Our unit is becoming short-staffed and I have been asked to come in for more shifts. I am unable to focus as much time on my applications as I otherwise would have liked to. Is this a legitimate issue? I know that many people have faced much larger impacts. Also, other students might be occupying just as much time with other activities (online TAing, computational research, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

The prompt for this typically asks whether this coronavirus has impacted the student's application in any way.

Currently, I am working on secondaries while working in a hospital. As a result of the virus, staff have been leaving (as a result of symptoms and personal reasons). Our unit is becoming short-staffed and I have been asked to come in for more shifts. I am unable to focus as much time on my applications as I otherwise would have liked to. Is this a legitimate issue? I know that many people have faced much larger impacts. Also, other students might be occupying just as much time with other activities (online TAing, computational research, etc).
I would think it's fine to mention, just acknowledge that while this is an issue, it is not a huge one

Reactions: 1 user