Coronavirus & staying productive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimchis

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got out of school for 6 months due to Coronavirus outbreak. All the research and internships got cancelled for the summer, and now I have to find something to do for the next 6 months. Any ideas to stay productive in the midst of the global pandemic?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Clinical research from home/remote? There's no reason to be in the actual hospital to do chart reviews

Reactions: 1 user
Just got out of school for 6 months due to Coronavirus outbreak. All the research and internships got cancelled for the summer, and now I have to find something to do for the next 6 months. Any ideas to stay productive in the midst of the global pandemic?
learn a new language, take an online course for free through coursera, chart review as @efle said, make neurotic spreadsheets like I do, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's always opportunities to help for those who are able-bodied. Contact local organizations such as soup kitchens, food banks, blood banks, homeless shelters, animal shelters, Meal on Wheels, etc to see how you can help out. These organizations tend to see a decrease in volunteers during times of panic. If no opportunities are available, consider starting your own initiative, such as what this student did here.

Reactions: 3 users
Contact your local houses of worship.

Deliver food to the elderly or disabled?

I love the comments on here encouraging activity with Meals on Wheels, etc. Right now, my facebook feed is filled with people trying to find ways of helping those in need, and other people deciding which gun they need to buy for the crisis. You can be absolutely certain that when interviews roll around, interviewers will be asking about what you did during this pandemic as a measure of character. "Look for the helpers." - Mr Rogers.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I love the comments on here encouraging activity with Meals on Wheels, etc. Right now, my facebook feed is filled with people trying to find ways of helping those in need, and other people deciding which gun they need to buy for the crisis. You can be absolutely certain that when interviews roll around, interviewers will be asking about what you did during this pandemic as a measure of character. "Look for the helpers." - Mr Rogers.

This. For anyone wanting to go into healthcare - in a sense this is a great time! There are ways to help your neighbors even without coming in contact with them. You can even get groceries for the elderly and just drops them of at their front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.