corporate dentistry for 2 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efficient

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduate the second week of May and start residency in late July. Would Aspen, Koolsmiles, etc hire me for only a couple of months? Has anyone done this in the past?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It takes about 2 months to get your dental license in most states so you won't be able to work. Enjoy your time off.

Unlikely. When you graduate, there is a learning curve on how to be a profitable dentist. You probably won't be making enough in production for the company in two months for them to spend the time training you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not? If you can get the license in time to work, then work there for as long as you can. One day you just don't show up to work. Treat them the way they treat all of their employees. Here today- gone tomorrow.

Why not? If you can get the license in time to work, then work there for as long as you can. One day you just don't show up to work. Treat them the way they treat all of their employees. Here today- gone tomorrow.

I doubt any chain will take you on for just 2 months. It takes up to 90 days for you to be credentialed with insurance companies for billing. It takes a dedicated person many days at the desk to put the paperwork together to credential you. They will not invest the time and money to have you for just 2 months. If you're not credential, it means they can't bill out in your name. They can sometimes bill out in another doctor's name, but that's considered fraud. So most likely they won't do it.

However, depending on where you live, you can sign up with a placement agency. They can put you on short-term jobs e.g weekend exams for military deployment, or fillilng in for a dentist on vacation, sick, maternity, etc.

I have been a GP for 7 years, but will be going back for Pedo this June. I just resigned from my "chain" dental office. Now, I'm free-lancing through a placement agency. I live in Houston, so my placement is like 2-3 days a week. Not really full time.