Should I take CBSE after studying 2 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happy_6523

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current D4 student just started preparing for the CBSE. I didn’t decide to pursue OMFS until the last year of dental school. I wonder if I can take the Feb test. My dental school curriculum is weak in medicine. I probably need to take the July test in order to get a 75 or higher, but I also want to take the Feb test to see what my level is.

Honestly, my dental school ranking isn’t great (around top 40%, but expect to get a little higher after this year), so I’m not too confident about being smart enough to do OMFS. I want to see how well I can do in the CBSE test before I invest all time and money to do all the externships, internship, and applications. With my low class ranking, if I can’t even get minimally a 65 (I knew I probably need a 80+ to be competitive), basically OMFS is out of reach for me

Members don't see this ad.

You can take the practice tests online. They are relatively predictive. The real exam wouldn’t be worth the cost (it’s like $500+ dollars and an entire day).

With 2 months of studying, there is no way you score a 65. I know people who study for several months who can’t even get to a 65.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I agree, take a practice test and see where you are. I was surprised how poorly I did my first cbse (58) despite months of studying. Some can do well with only a few months, and you may be one of them, but it’s rare. Taking a practice test will make things more clear. And if you do poorly it will be a great wake up call for what you need to improve.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally the only reason to take it is for a dry run before your next exam. I don't think that's worth $400 but who am I to say.