Corporate this, corporate that......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stevephhs016

Zug Zug
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man f corporate. I now have to attend a action plan meeting with rx supervisor because our weekly patient adherence calls were low, nevermind the fact that we called everyone on the list and tried our best to reach everyone.

I now have to take my own time to meet with supervisor. Coupled with the fact my PIC is not doing the meeting b/c his brother from another country is here and he pushed it off to me? Is that even right?

Never mind the fact we got 100% on execution last month, and I just got a compliment via email sent from corporate from a pt in regards to excellent customer service...now I have to deal with this bs.

6 years of school is def not worth this bs. I need to get out.


P.S. I'm sorry, I know I am beating on a dead horse, I try my best not to complain but this is too much. Le sigh.
 
97mq0p.gif
 
Man f corporate. I now have to attend a action plan meeting with rx supervisor because our weekly patient adherence calls were low, nevermind the fact that we called everyone on the list and tried our best to reach everyone.

I now have to take my own time to meet with supervisor. Coupled with the fact my PIC is not doing the meeting b/c his brother from another country is here and he pushed it off to me? Is that even right?

Never mind the fact we got 100% on execution last month, and I just got a compliment via email sent from corporate from a pt in regards to excellent customer service...now I have to deal with this bs.

6 years of school is def not worth this bs. I need to get out.


P.S. I'm sorry, I know I am beating on a dead horse, I try my best not to complain but this is too much. Le sigh.

People regularly work while they are "not working". This is not specific to pharmacy but all fields that I know of. Teachers prep up for the next day while at home, investment bankers and lawyers take calls from clients, partners, or directors, etc. We are "salaried" and get paid unlimited sick days and vacation. Something that we can actually enjoy now since we have so many floaters!

I understand that this was not the case in the past, but it certainly is now. When I am off, I might be doing web based training, conference calls, going in for narc count, calling partner to fill him up on issues, and calling patients to follow up. It is kind of ironic that this is probably the only professional part left in this "professional" job.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People regularly work while they are "not working". This is not specific to pharmacy but all fields that I know of. Teachers prep up for the next day while at home, investment bankers and lawyers take calls from clients, partners, or directors, etc. We are "salaried" and get paid unlimited sick days and vacation. Something that we can actually enjoy now since we have so many floaters!

I understand that this was not the case in the past, but it certainly is now. When I am off, I might be doing web based training, conference calls, going in for narc count, calling partner to fill him up on issues, and calling patients to follow up. It is kind of ironic that this is probably the only professional part left in this "professional" job.

Hmm, see I thought the point of only working 3 days a week was to be able to go clubbing all day, go to the beach, travel, etc on your days off. If anyone from work tries to call me on my days off, I will not pick up the phone.
 
People regularly work while they are "not working". This is not specific to pharmacy but all fields that I know of. Teachers prep up for the next day while at home, investment bankers and lawyers take calls from clients, partners, or directors, etc. We are "salaried" and get paid unlimited sick days and vacation. Something that we can actually enjoy now since we have so many floaters!

I understand that this was not the case in the past, but it certainly is now. When I am off, I might be doing web based training, conference calls, going in for narc count, calling partner to fill him up on issues, and calling patients to follow up. It is kind of ironic that this is probably the only professional part left in this "professional" job.
Watch out everyone... Aznfarmerboi is now drinking the kool aid! :scared:
 
Hmm, see I thought the point of only working 3 days a week was to be able to go clubbing all day, go to the beach, travel, etc on your days off. If anyone from work tries to call me on my days off, I will not pick up the phone.

You and I would not make very good business partners...Even when I worked for CVS, I would always pick up my phone when worked called. There is nothing more frustrating than calling your partner about an issue that he/she dealt with and they wont pick up their damn phone. Something always comes up so we made ourselves available...That's just how I see it...Now, if you go on vacation, that's different...but in my eyes, you are there to serve the public...
 
Since I am a professional I can always figure out someone elses mess so that there is go need to call them at home. And I expect that professionalism to be returned. I don't need someone to hold my hand when I am alone in the stored and I don't hold the hands of others.
 
Since I am a professional I can always figure out someone elses mess so that there is go need to call them at home. And I expect that professionalism to be returned. I don't need someone to hold my hand when I am alone in the stored and I don't hold the hands of others.

Im a professional too...that doesn't mean i wont/didnt pick my phone up if the store called...we worked together and we helped each other...And no one held my hand..ever...no one is talking about holding hands...im talking about communication when it is needed...
 
Since I am a professional I can always figure out someone elses mess so that there is go need to call them at home. And I expect that professionalism to be returned. I don't need someone to hold my hand when I am alone in the stored and I don't hold the hands of others.

ahhh...a student, not yet pharmacist....well, its a bit different when its you that has to make the final decision on an issue dealing with a patient...
 
People regularly work while they are "not working". This is not specific to pharmacy but all fields that I know of. Teachers prep up for the next day while at home, investment bankers and lawyers take calls from clients, partners, or directors, etc. We are "salaried" and get paid unlimited sick days and vacation. Something that we can actually enjoy now since we have so many floaters!

I understand that this was not the case in the past, but it certainly is now. When I am off, I might be doing web based training, conference calls, going in for narc count, calling partner to fill him up on issues, and calling patients to follow up. It is kind of ironic that this is probably the only professional part left in this "professional" job.
I agree... Oh my god you have to meet for a half hour and not get paid for it, big deal. However I do agree with the op that the content of the meeting is ridiculous. They should give you a raise for getting 100% execution score considering it's not easy to do.

I guess if you had all awesome techs then it would be possible to get everything done but since the pay sucks and for most it's not a career, it's not gonna happen.

Anyways corporate retail does suck, and I don't understand because you would think the sups would understand because they were once in the stores. But I guess when you drink the kool aid....
 
ahhh...a student, not yet pharmacist....well, its a bit different when its you that has to make the final decision on an issue dealing with a patient...
Actually I have been licensed for a while, so I do know what I am talking. I work nights and have learned to deal with every issue on the spot. I know techs like to ask questions because they don't know how to handle some issues, but a pharmacists should be beyond needing someones help.
 
Actually I have been licensed for a while, so I do know what I am talking. I work nights and have learned to deal with every issue on the spot. I know techs like to ask questions because they don't know how to handle some issues, but a pharmacists should be beyond needing someones help.

one of my great attributes is that i can concede when im wrong...and for that i apologize...however, you seem like the type that would not accept help from anyone cause your ego would get the best of you...There is nothing wrong with asking a colleague for help...I believe what you say is a bit close minded...