UNE relying on Corporate grants

Started by vesfly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vesfly

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just going to leave this here. UNE can’t fill their class so now it looks like they are going to rely on funding from corporations to get bodies in seats. I am all about finding opportunities for immigrants/minorities. However, when current students are coming out with $200k-300k in student loans and never find jobs in pharmacy this seems to be a way to sucker more students into pharmacy and continue to flood the market.

 
Just going to leave this here. UNE can’t fill their class so now it looks like they are going to rely on funding from corporations to get bodies in seats. I am all about finding opportunities for immigrants/minorities. However, when current students are coming out with $200k-300k in student loans and never find jobs in pharmacy this seems to be a way to sucker more students into pharmacy and continue to flood the market.

Who do you think funded the boom in pharmacy schools.Walgreens,CVS,Rie Aid, etc.
 
Just wait till you see the schools apply for the opioid settlement funds. My local school got 1M from Covid last year and didn't do sh** with it. Operating a school is better than running a casino. Guaranteed $$$.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It makes sense that they try to give scholarships to immigrants. I can't blame someone for going to pharmacy school if it gets them out of a third world country. I've noticed that most of the pharmacists in my company appear to be 1st or 2nd generation immigrants. This definitely wasn't the case when I first started.